The Ric, re-visited

What are guitar strings made of? For technical questions about music and gear.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

b.fierce

The Ric, re-visited

Postby b.fierce » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:53 am

Do I sound like an ass when I ask if there is something loosey-goosey w/ said guitar's tuning?
Last time I saw The Band In Question it seemed like it needed to be tuned after just about every song.
Or was this just a ruse to force The Guys to engage in their own particular brand of between-song-witty-banter*?
Could have been a real momentum-killer, if not for The Banter (see below).

(*which is, I might add, a lost and/or undiscovered art w/ live rock groups, not to mention a much-appreciated facet of the TLW live show)

b.fierce

just a quick follow-up

Postby b.fierce » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:08 pm

And yes, I am keeping in mind alternate tunings and other such highfalutin chicanery.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:09 am

well....yeah, actually, it...uh, needs some work, MAYBE, if you want to get technical. It's also starting to short out, sometimes, because it's a little...uh.... old.

b.fierce

Postby b.fierce » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:34 am

Thanks for the reply.
Don't get me wrong, the guitar sounds great. I've always liked Rics, at least in theory (they were always a little watery, a little too chimey, maybe, for my tastes). You manage to WAY avoid this, you do.
It's just, being something (that is, barely anything) of a guitar-playerist myself, I was curious (I am the Classic Hack, with little or no knowledge of kooky tunings, etc.).
And like the one drywall guy said to the other drywall guy, "keep rockin'".

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:03 am

No.. you're right, the damn thing hasn't had a good intonation for about nine months, but I haven't done anything about it because of laziness. But your post has pushed me over the edge and I called Mr. Man tonight and asked him to fix up my various broken guitars.

thnaks

Robbie

Postby Robbie » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:32 pm

Will said man fix the Starcaster as well?
If not, you will sell that thing to me in its current condition.

Right?

Thanks,

Skrocki

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:24 pm

In fact, Mr. Starcaster-try-and-stealer, that is the first guitar to be worked on and should rejoin the away party shortly. But it's nice to know you care.

Return to “Band Nerd!”