Pssssst...bootleggers...in here

What are guitar strings made of? For technical questions about music and gear.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

Pssssst...bootleggers...in here

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:03 am

Hey. I NEED a recording of the new trio performing Bride and Bridle.

NEED.

I take back everything critical I ever said about the song. It's fucking INCREDIBLE live and has catapulted itself (with sommersaults) to the very tip top of my Favorite Long Winters Songs List.

Anyone got one? Any can get one? I'd appreciate.

mildlyrestarted

Postby mildlyrestarted » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:23 pm

i have video from madison last friday, but you have to cock your head to the left to watch it. the sound is pretty decent too... or else someone needs to find a program that will rotate video and do it for me. anyone able to do this?

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

big news for fellow bootleggers.

Postby sour29 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:28 pm

I've gotten together a modestly small crew (of three) to bootleg the upcoming Long Winters show in Toronto, CAN. I'm going to have a soundboard MD recording, and a TWO CAMERA video crew, in hopes of one day (hopefully before the summer) getting together a Long Winters LIVE DVD for your very pleasure. I'm very excited to be taping our boys, and to be getting a DVD out to those who don't have a chance to see the band on this tour. If you're at the show, feel free to come up to me and say hi--but not while I'm taping, ok? ;)

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Re: big news for fellow bootleggers.

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:20 am

sour29 wrote:I'm very excited to be taping our boys, and to be getting a DVD out to those who don't have a chance to see the band on this tour.

please don't tell me that this rules out those who did get to see the band on this tour?!?

good luck, hope you will be able to enjoy the show while doing all this stuff!

sour29

Re: big news for fellow bootleggers.

Postby sour29 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:04 am

Liesbeth wrote:please don't tell me that this rules out those who did get to see the band on this tour?!?

good luck, hope you will be able to enjoy the show while doing all this stuff!
Nah, doesn't rule them completely out. ;) Thanks for the luck. I will still be able to enjoy the show--being a film student makes doing things like this fun for me. Just means I get to enjoy it well after the concert is over. Besides, this is the fourth time I've seen them in 53 weeks--not bad, considering I'm north of the border.

I'm crossing my fingers for an excellent setlist. I'm hoping we get Nora (we'd better--they promised me they'd play it next time for me when I saw them in Montreal), Blanket Hog, It'll Be A Breeze and Mimi. I'd also love to hear Give Me A Moment, but I might be pushing the older material too hard. Oh, well. I'll find out in about 32 hours, I guess.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:18 pm

So Sour, whatever becam of this?

sour29

Postby sour29 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:25 pm

about three hard drive crashes. and now i don't have easy access to a digital video camera to transfer the DV tapes. i did pick up a burner, so i'm ready to go as soon as i find someone willing to lend me a camera. :\

Return to “Band Nerd!”