guitar tabs

What are guitar strings made of? For technical questions about music and gear.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Moving To Portland

Postby sour29 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:03 pm

G A C. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. Listen for timing.

John
King God, Mang

Re: guitar tabs

Postby John » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:43 am

AlTHOUGH.... curious thing about this tune: the A maj chord is problematic. I wrote it and play it as A major, but if you really emphasize the "major-ness" of it by playing the C# of the chord too emphatically it sounds wrong. It sounds like it should be an A minor chord under there. But if you play an A minor, although it works, it isn't quite right either. It's still up for grabs what that chord actually is.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:16 am

John wrote:AlTHOUGH.... curious thing about this tune: the A maj chord is problematic. I wrote it and play it as A major, but if you really emphasize the "major-ness" of it by playing the C# of the chord too emphatically it sounds wrong. It sounds like it should be an A minor chord under there. But if you play an A minor, although it works, it isn't quite right either. It's still up for grabs what that chord actually is.
I noticed that, too. But Am sounded even wronger. I almost went with an Asus2. So maybe somewhere between an Asus2 and an A. Ha.

sour29

Re:

Postby sour29 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:14 am

sour29 wrote:I'm stuck at the bridge right now, but here's the first half! :)

The YouTube video of the Triple Door show has helped out quite a bit in this case. I'll probably finish the tab sooner than later. Maybe John can help with the flourishes, but I'm pretty sure the base chords are Bmin7, D, A, E for the bridge, arguably the most difficult part of the song.

Then for the "I'm waiting for the nurse's aid to say" part, it's G, F#, A, E for the first three times, and then omit the E for the final time and play another bar of A. And I'm pretty sure that about covers the whole song, maybe. Will double check later.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:23 am

Corpernicus

For the first verses, start with an octave on the D, and then do a walk down (C#, B, A), leavving your ring finger on the 7th fret of the G string. If you want to fill it out a bit, you can also play the F# on the 7th fret of the B string alongside the D on the G. Then:

Code: Select all

D            F#m
You called a cough a smile
A                D
Now I can’t tell glad from ill
D            F#m
You doubt my world is round
A                  Bm
You’re right I was Copernicus

Bm                A       E      Bm
You don't have to wait to come undone
Bm            A        E        Bm
Not about the night we hung Old Leigh

For the last time, the last Bm is a D, and that brings you back into the verse nicely.

Patr!ck

Postby Patr!ck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:40 pm

I got the Connections in Nashville 7" a while ago, and that song is dank. I'm working on it now, here's what I have:

The intro and the first 4 or whatever lines are just a G barre chord strummed, it sounds cool if you play it open when the piano chord is hit and fade back into the strumming.

C                    G
Her few words seemed to indicate
C                            G
That she had meant to stay
C                  G              <-----------------I'm not exactly sure if these change or not. Whatever.
She said "I'm ready to get on
C                         G
after all this time away"
F        C          F         C              C  G  C  G <-----------Those F's are barre chords w/o barring your finger
She told me that she can't wait up nights

(Here's where I start to lose it)
G                  C                D            C   <----Chord pattern here is weird.
But she's got connections in Nashville
G               C            D          C
That she's gonna try and make

That's what I have now.

Leopo
Current Heading: South

Postby Leopo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:16 am

Patr!ck wrote:

I got the Connections in Nashville 7" a while ago, and that song is dank. I'm working on it now, here's what I have:

The intro and the first 4 or whatever lines are just a G barre chord strummed, it sounds cool if you play it open when the piano chord is hit and fade back into the strumming.

C                    G
Her few words seemed to indicate
C                            G
That she had meant to stay
C                  G              <-----------------I'm not exactly sure if these change or not. Whatever.
She said "I'm ready to get on
C                         G
after all this time away"
F        C          F         C              C  G  C  G <-----------Those F's are barre chords w/o barring your finger
She told me that she can't wait up nights

(Here's where I start to lose it)
G                  C                D            C   <----Chord pattern here is weird.
But she's got connections in Nashville
G               C            D          C
That she's gonna try and make

That's what I have now.

Hey, cool you are! From the first sight it's not as difficult, suppose it worth having a try

Return to “Band Nerd!”