If you had a say...

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

angel

If you had a say...

Postby angel » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:08 pm

Just out of curiosity...if you had a say on what the new record would sound like...would you prefer more uplifting, intelligent pop music...or a return to the dark poetic, more industrial sound on the first record? Or maybe a brand new direction?

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Postby NatureBoy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:47 pm

If it's appropriate backing music for the 'volkswagen killyourself' commercial, I'm all for it...

I love the new stuff that I've heard at shows so far. Whatever they want to do is fine with me.

iheartbarsuk

Postby iheartbarsuk » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:36 pm

NatureBoy wrote:Whatever they want to do is fine with me.

I second that.

angel

Postby angel » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:53 pm

I understand that everyone here loves the music...what I'm saying is...the two releases thus far are very different from each other, both amazing but with different sounds.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:22 pm

I'll be brave and say that I'd like to see a "return to the dark poetic, more industrial sound on the first record"

Of course I'm sure whatever they put will be pure gold.

gingerman

Postby gingerman » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:19 am

An e.p. of covers would be neat
cinnamon girl and cover some Sloan

angel

Postby angel » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:19 am

Unremarkable wrote:I'll be brave and say that I'd like to see a "return to the dark poetic, more industrial sound on the first record"

Thanks Unremarkable...that's what I was looking for.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:32 pm

angel wrote:
Unremarkable wrote:I'll be brave and say that I'd like to see a "return to the dark poetic, more industrial sound on the first record"

Thanks Unremarkable...that's what I was looking for.

OK, now it's your turn :)

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:06 am

Frankly, I'm looking forward to a little more rock. If the live shows are any indication, I'm looking forward to a little more on the guitar heroics, and tightness of a DBG sound. A little more stripped down, but still fantabulous.

Sentiments echoed: Whatever it is, it will rock.
It will also probably not be anything we expected.

angel

Postby angel » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:26 am

LoveSickJerk wrote:
It will also probably not be anything we expected.

I agree and I'm sure we will all be blown away. When I heard WIPTF for the first time, I sat in my car and cried. I couldn't believe my ears. I was overwhelmed. Of course, I'd like that to happen again.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:40 pm

The new stuff I heard definitely seems to indicate that the new record will be going in a direction which is different of either of the first two, more guitar-based maybe. Hard to tell though, most of their songs are quite different live from their recorded versions, old or new alike.

Anyway, it excites me incredibly that probably this album will be different. I love how rather than doing something they've done before, they will seek new directions. And since they are so good, I trust that whatever direction they go it will be worth the trip on whatever road we'll be led onto. (sorry for the crap metaphores, my head has switched to weekend mode)

sabirah

Postby sabirah » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:08 am

I agree, I'm excited to see some new stuff as well. With the band growing and changing, it'll be cool to hear the music grow and change with them.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:28 pm

personally i have not been able to listen to a long winter's cd in a while and one of the reasons being because it can be depressing. whether you listen to the newer cd which has more "happy" songs, there are still the other half that are sad. and right now i am trying to avoid depressing and sad music. lately i really want happy, dancey, rock music. i've heard the new songs played at shows and from what i can tell they lean more away from the sad, depressing stuff which is great but either way i don't think i would really care, i'd still love it.

Return to “Swoon”