interviews, etc. etc. etc.

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3259
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

interviews, etc. etc. etc.

Postby Liesbeth » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:02 am

isnt'it great, new album out, lots of interviews and stuffses

like there is:
NPR's song of the day on July 12, by wonderful Kathryn Yu

and:
interview on Mundane Sounds, with the amazing question " If you were to take a time machine back to the early 1990s, and you were to meet the John Roderick from 15 years ago, who do you think would be the more surprised, the younger John or the older?"

User avatar
sour29
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:53 am
Current Heading: Ascending
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Postby sour29 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:38 am

And we did four or five versions each of both "Sky is Open" and "Seven" before we settled down.


I want every one of those versions of Seven, and am willing to trade my first born.

User avatar
No You Are
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:53 pm
Current Heading: North
Location: Rochester, MinneSOta
Contact:

Postby No You Are » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:42 am

sour29 wrote:
I want every one of those versions of Seven, and am willing to trade my first born.


Careful about saying that... I used to say that ALL the time. Now I have to figure out a way to tell my wife that we have to give the upcoming kid away to my buddy Lou because I was totally jonesin' for a Swiss Cake Roll on my way to an after-hours party junior year.

She's not going to be happy, but a deal's a deal.

GMM
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:12 am

Postby GMM » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:41 am

No You Are wrote:
sour29 wrote:
I want every one of those versions of Seven, and am willing to trade my first born.


Careful about saying that... I used to say that ALL the time. Now I have to figure out a way to tell my wife that we have to give the upcoming kid away to my buddy Lou because I was totally jonesin' for a Swiss Cake Roll on my way to an after-hours party junior year.

She's not going to be happy, but a deal's a deal.


Yeah but Alternate Versions of Seven > Swiss Cake Roll

Hell, Alternate Versions of Seven > Your Wife and Child

User avatar
sour29
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:53 am
Current Heading: Ascending
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Postby sour29 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:31 am

GMM wrote:Yeah but Alternate Versions of Seven > Swiss Cake Roll

Hell, Alternate Versions of Seven >>>>>> Your Wife and Child
Fixed. ;)

User avatar
John
King God, Mang
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: 'merica

Postby John » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:18 pm

All I can say re: alternate versions is: keep your eyes peeled in september.

User avatar
sour29
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:53 am
Current Heading: Ascending
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Postby sour29 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:39 pm

Long Live The King!

User avatar
Squid
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:52 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Postby Squid » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:17 pm

Erm, think I'll post here in an effort to keep our PTDTB threads to a minimum (getting a bit hard to keep them all straight).

The new Paste is out. Got Thom Yorke on the cover, and "the Long Winters" printed prominently above his head. Yes indeedy. El Dubs article inside. They're also featured on the cd that comes with, but alas, I am a bad anorak and can't remember what song got chosen.

User avatar
Moni
Posts: 1757
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:18 am
Current Heading: Ascending
Location: Musikverein

Postby Moni » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:35 am

Maybe someone can scan the article?

User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3259
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:31 am

and find out what song is on that cd - one of the people who preordered the album and now have Paste all over, perhaps?

User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3259
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:50 am

also: this Three Imaginary Girls interview was mentioned in another thread in Give Me A Moment already, but I'm posting it here again, because MY GOD - did all these Long Winters members really go through that shit every fricking night? What heroes...

It's a cool interview idea, by the way.

User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3259
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:00 pm

Squid wrote:The new Paste is out. Got Thom Yorke on the cover, and "the Long Winters" printed prominently above his head. Yes indeedy. El Dubs article inside. They're also featured on the cd that comes with, but alas, I am a bad anorak and can't remember what song got chosen.

can anyone tell me if this article (and if i'm not mistaken the Seattle bit on the DVD??) make it worth to shell out an extra $6,45 on overseas postage for? I'm a fan, but also currently unemployed and kinda poor, so I would like to know what I'm buying...

oh, by the way, the song on the CD is Fire Island, AK

User avatar
dchris
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Contact:

Postby dchris » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:11 pm

Paste.

That mini-subscription that came with the PTDTB preorder -- have y'all gotten one yet? Not that I've been anxiously waiting by my mailbox or anything...

User avatar
the new girl
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:19 pm
Location: back in ABQ... :(
Contact:

Postby the new girl » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:57 pm

dchris wrote:Paste.

That mini-subscription that came with the PTDTB preorder -- have y'all gotten one yet? Not that I've been anxiously waiting by my mailbox or anything...


Nope. When I saw this thread and the mention of the TLW article, I hoped this'd be the first freebie, but I'm thinking we're not that lucky...

User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3259
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:19 am

A Mess wrote:I just happened to pick up a copy of the August edition of Paste magazine and there's a Long Winters interview spread ALSO "Fire Island AK" on a sampler cd PLUS an acoustic performance of "Ultimatum" on a DVD. So happy.
(from another topic)

"PLUS an acoustic performance of "Ultimatum" on a DVD."
mmm, I think that means I will have to order this goodie. Ah well, I just spent € 175 on schoolbooks, these $15 will feel like peanuts. And if I wait until September, it won't hit my creditcard until October. If that's what music-induced dopamine does to me, so be it.

User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3259
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:13 am

just found what I think is a link to the whole Paste article. So now my conscience wonders, do I pay $15 just to see that bit of video?

GMM
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:12 am

Postby GMM » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:20 am

John wrote:All I can say re: alternate versions is: keep your eyes peeled in september.


I had not seen this post before!

AWESOMESAUCE


Return to “Swoon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests