TLW Review in SPIN

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

TLW Review in SPIN

Post by Jeannette311 »

I jsut got my Agust issue in the mail and this is what they had to say about Putting The Days To Bed:

3 Stars

John Roderick, the slightly nasal everyguy songwriter/guitarist of theis Seattle indie-pop collective, almost sings your ear off with streaming bar chat, pep talk, and heart to hearts. But his charisma and knack for the occassional joyful moment, honed on his band's third album, makes for addictive listening, especially when the soaring choruses-and intuitive insights-click.

Well, there it is. No picture was with the blurb.
Last edited by Jeannette311 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
junker347

Post by junker347 »

why is everyone calling him nasal?
i swear only one review is actually written and then all other reviewers just put the same exact review in different words.
Normaltown

Post by Normaltown »

people are generally disappointing.
GMM

Post by GMM »

What everyone reviewing Putting the Days to Bed really wants to write is "OH MY GOOD FLAMING GOD, THIS RECORD IS BETTER THAN LIFE. BUY SEVEN COPIES NOW" but the editors object and replace it with generic cookie cutter 3 star "good but must try harder" reviews. Bastards.
Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Post by Jeannette311 »

I know. I was mightily disappointed. Whatever; critics generally don't appreciate good stuff if it bit them on the butt. You should see what swill they re giving 5 Stars to, ugh.

I think I put this in the wrong part of the forum, btw, sorry for that.
Joe Szczepaniak

Post by Joe Szczepaniak »

I'd be willing to bet that this guy just listened to the first 3 tracks on the album while doing laundry and this is what he came up with.

+joe
Squid

Post by Squid »

I give it four minutes before the writer from SPIN shows up screaming for indie blood.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

I just discovered that every news item on the Spin website has a link to a topic in the Spin Forum where you can discuss said article. Of course, everyone who wants to talk about TLW is right here, but thankfully someone posted a reply to two recent Spin news items, about the Fire Island video and about the Fall tour. Okay, so those replies were spam for sex sites, but the first link in one of those was titled Shaved, which seemed at least slightly on topic