kexp bbq blog

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

bijou

kexp bbq blog

Postby bijou » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:24 pm

on myspace...profile name (again) bijoubaby. what a great show, the family's 3rd bbq and the best one by far!!! will let you know when photo editing becomes flickr posting!!!

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:38 am

hope you don't mind me adding your the myspace link: http://www.myspace.com/sachibijou, it took me a while to find your page since bijoubaby links to someone else.

Sounds like a great show/day, looking forward to photos.

bijou

thank you liesbeth

Postby bijou » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:51 pm

photos are posted...link is in the blog...enjoy!!! it was really nice to have an affordable family day and share great music. my gal also loves many different types of music and ticket prices aren't always kind to a limited budget. but at least there's photos...thanks again for your diligence and persistence.
(;-D)

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:53 pm

I can't help but wonder what new recruit is making John go back to setlists at all... he told me once upon a blue moon that it was always Sean who put those together, and he preferred to fly off the seat of his pants.

Thanks for the excellent pictures! Cute kid!

bijou

no, no...THANK YOU!!!

Postby bijou » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:42 pm

some pics were picked up by www.nowpublic.com popular story section for a story on the kexp bbq....SWEET!! thanks for the love...

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:06 am

could it be a matter of the band not knowing all the songs (yet?), the setlist might need some more planning now?

I like the photos, especially how you got quite a few of Nabil. Drummers don't get enough photo love, these are cool.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:22 am

Drummers are hard to get good photographs of, without a super awesome powerful abracadabra lens.

bijou

good drummer photos

Postby bijou » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:21 am

experience tells me the sound check is the best time when there are light or flash issues. but i've gotten lucky a few times... i still consider what photography i do a hobby that fuels other creative avenues, but it's still nice when others like what you do creatively no matter what the medium. here's my personal mentors from the wayback machine...they are great friends and talented individuals who deserve all the props i can shout...
www.jerrymetellus.com -which hosts the work of the great man of the same name... and
www.studiowestphotography.com -which hosts the work of my former boss and dear friend, westley myles

check them out!!!
and thank you, thank you, thank you!!! to those unseen positive universal forces that notice a small ray of brilliance in the galaxy of possibilities and allow it to shine a little brighter if only for a moment...
(;-D)

bijou

the photos from the kexp are very cool...

Postby bijou » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:24 pm

i just looked at the kexp site photo link of the show...kexp live is a contact on flickr...and he took some awesome pictures of that day....i shot one of him taking pictures during the LW set that was presumably favorited by another contact. nice to see squidita's addition to flickr contacts, she takes some fine pics too.

icapants

Re: the photos from the kexp are very cool...

Postby icapants » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:51 pm

bijou wrote:i just looked at the kexp site photo link of the show...kexp live is a contact on flickr...and he took some awesome pictures of that day....i shot one of him taking pictures during the LW set that was presumably favorited by another contact. nice to see squidita's addition to flickr contacts, she takes some fine pics too.

for the BBQ, i believe kexp live=gregory perez. and yeah, dude takes some fine pictures.

eric2

Postby eric2 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:05 am

There's a ton of KEXP BBQ photos on flickr. Here are mine

bijou

you were in the beer garden...

Postby bijou » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:42 am

i see the smallest crumb of my hat in one... my gal gets no love from beer garden access (;-D) nice pics!

philistien

Postby philistien » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:51 pm

i see my back in one. that was the best show ever.

Return to “Swoon”