TLW Toronto Tape Tree

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:14 am

I still haven't heard from Ryan, nor received his blanks. I'll shoot him and e-mail and see if I have any better luck.

zach

Postby zach » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:21 pm

sour29 wrote:I'll shoot him and e-mail and see if I have any better luck.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what good shooting him will do. You might want to do those things in reverse, if you really think both are necessary:

Email first. Then shoot.

Unless you're a fan of the U.S. government's policy, in which case it would be "shoot first, ask questions later."

bijou

Postby bijou » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:58 pm

why, you wouldn't be against the right to shoot first and ask questions later would 'ya???? (;-D)
(thanks for the giggle zach)

sour29

Postby sour29 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:46 am

Damn typo! Err... yeah, that's what it was -- a typo!

I have talked to Ryan, and he's still in. There's been a delay due to personal and very respectable reasons, so I request his leaves respond with a renewed patience. I'm sure you are all as anxious for these discs as I am to hear your response to the tree, and I promise that they will be in your hands as soon as we can possibly get them to you! Cool?

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:52 pm

Just got my discs the other day... and, as promised, they were full of the rock.

I like the rock.

Big thanks to all involved (especially Megan and Jason)!!

sour29

Postby sour29 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:32 pm

Big ups are also necessary for the great Richard Santos, whose video recording saved the day. He got a lot more of the tour following this show, and hopefully we will see much more in the future.

Glad Megan got her batch out quickly! I was hoping everyone would have a copy for Christmas, but I guess that was setting my sights a bit high. For those of you who heard the original release of the Toronto tape, and this new EQ'ed version, how does the sound quality stack up? Better? Worse? Too loud? Still too quiet? And is it just me, or does the soundboard mix rock? Kudos to the LW's traveling sound guy, who did a great job that night. Yay!

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:56 am

no worries, this is also great to start the new year with - watched the Fall dvd yesterday and loved it. Haven't had a chance to listen to the cds yet though - but then again I"m the worst to ask when it comes to sound quality.

thanks to everyone for making this tree work!

philistien

Postby philistien » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:12 am

hey all. i just got back to school and got my amazing package of beautiful music. thanks so much!!! it sounds gorgeous. i haven't watched the DVDs yet, but I trust they're wonderful.

bijou

Postby bijou » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:32 pm

this leaf is still waiting for ryan in the new year... my birthday is in a week, and my mailbox is still in want of a distant LW smile and hug.
my car was broken into friday evening and my laptop case, containing several backup discs of past quarter's schoolwork, scott's ibook and my girl's ipod are now a total loss along with my passenger side window. the biggest irony is i just paid to replace the ibook with a machine that could handle a CS2 upgrade, and i should receive the new machine within the next day or so. i was only days away from transferring the existing software programs and data to the new machine. but on the good side at least the funds were there to get the new machine... had this happened say a couple of months ago, i would have really been screwed. not a great way to start the new year, but it could be worse and i have to be grateful it wasn't.
here's a link to a concentration game that used my artwork, happy belated new year folks...
http://LinkTiles.com/concentration.php

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:17 pm

This seed is still waiting for Ryan's blanks.

What Pancakes Do

Postby What Pancakes Do » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:49 am

I asked him what blank media he would prefer. He told me he would get back to me on it. That was on November 2nd. I haven't heard from him since.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:22 am

Beggars can't be choosers, remember. Let's be patient and hope that he comes through for us soon. I was in contact with him around Christmastime and he fully intended to participate soon.

Moni

Postby Moni » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:17 am

Umm. Since I cannot send a SASE, Ryan and I agreed to do a more or less normal bootleg trade . Thus I refuse to be called a beggar :)

Anyway, you said Ryan has a respectable reason for the delay, so I take he cannot stay in touch for a while now? Cos otherwise that's what one should do methinks (like you did yourself when we traded).

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:41 am

Despite these recent problems with the tree, I would like to get in on this, if possible. How might I do that? Sorry, I have not yet read the other 3 pages on this thread.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:21 pm

Well, since it seems to be the fashion here these days, when I talked with Ryan his wife was about a week away from giving birth! And he said making sure his new family was happy and healthy was his first priority, but he would try to get the discs out to me that week regardless. Since I guess that didn't happen, it looks like we're in a bit of a holding pattern. I'm thinking I might have to take on his leaves, but I'm trying to avoid it if possible (since it costs about $5+ to ship out these discs, per person).

Unremarkable -- a bit late to join on as a leaf. Am I crazy, or don't you have a bunch of master tapes from earlier shows? You know I'm always looking for anything lossless, and will have your discs out on Monday if you want to rock a regular mail trade.

kyle_s9

Postby kyle_s9 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:31 pm

are these dvd's, or cd's?

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:47 am

Both.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:12 pm

sour29 wrote:I'm trying to avoid it if possible (since it costs about $5+ to ship out these discs, per person).

I'm studying for my business economics class, so I'm very focused on economic puzzles - how does it cost you anything if you get sent enough empty discs and an sae (or compensation) from the leafs?
I would help out if I had the time, but I shouldn't even be reading this board as it is.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:55 pm

Because a) I need cash more than I need empty discs (I still have hundreds left over from last Christmas!), and b) the value reflected of individual discs are much higher than the value of 50 or 100 discs purchased in bulk, which they almost always are.

brodie

Postby brodie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:06 pm

Hey!

I know its a little late to want copies of everything, but I had quite a hard last semester being enrolled in Physics at University, and lost contact with anything fun for the latter half of the semester! But I'd be willing to mail you money or whatever it costs in order to receive copies of everything! I'm not too sure how the tape tree worked or how far along it is, but if you send me the amount for shipping and any other costs incurred and an address than I can get you the money ASAP!

hopefully I'm not too late
my email is punk_guy5@hotmail.com

Return to “Swoon”