TLW Toronto Tape Tree

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

zach

Postby zach » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:13 pm

Honestly, this is all just over my head.

brodie

Postby brodie » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:45 pm

anyone, for B+P?

philistien

Postby philistien » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:32 pm

well....since i was a leaf, i was mostly a complete mooch on this tree... if anyone wants to send me a SASE, i can forward the music (unless you have something sweet to trade, because i'd be all for that). but the catch is (and the reason i wasn't a branch in the first place) is that i don't know how to burn DVDs on my computer.....so unless i can figure it out, it would have to be just the CDs. but if you guys still want that, then i'd feel like i was doing my part if i was able to hook someone up.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:10 pm

If you have a dvd burner, the easiest way would be to stick the dvd in your drive, open up Nero, go to recorder, and click on "Copy Disc". Then pick DVD, select your speed, and let'er rip.

Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Postby Jeannette311 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:59 pm

I'd be interested but I don't want to be a bother....

philistien

Postby philistien » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:55 pm

sour29 wrote:If you have a dvd burner, the easiest way would be to stick the dvd in your drive, open up Nero, go to recorder, and click on "Copy Disc". Then pick DVD, select your speed, and let'er rip.

thing is, i'm a complete technological failure, so i really have no idea if i even have a DVD burner....it plays DVDs, does that mean it can burn them too? maybe i'll put one in and see if it works.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:59 pm

Yeah, that's your best bet. Just because it plays it doesn't mean it burns it. Often it will say on the tray of the drive itself.

brodie

Postby brodie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:21 pm

i too would be interested!

philistien

Postby philistien » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:15 pm

hola! just got back from a looooong weekend. if ya'll are still interested, i'd be up for distributing to two or three people. i'm fairly certain at this point that i can burn the dvds (it says dvd-rewritable on the drive) so i'll do my best. i also can't promise i'll be super speedy because i am in school and expected to read hundreds of pages a day. but if you guys still want, just pm me and we can iron out details.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:47 pm

philistien wrote:...(it says dvd-rewritable on the drive)...
I can say with 98% certainty that you can burn DVD's -- as long as your laser's not dead! Thanks for helping these people out. About Ryan's seeds? Well... how does everyone feel about sending me a bunch of extra discs in place of the SASE?

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:54 pm

So, if all goes to plan, I'll have complete (this time!) soundboard recordings of both tonight in Toronto and tomorrow in Montreal. Any suggestions on how to share them? Did this tree work? (I know Ryan's branches will say no). Do you prefer FLAC? Would Bittorrent be better? etc. Let's hear some feedback!

dcaley

Postby dcaley » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:42 pm

sour29 wrote:So, if all goes to plan, I'll have complete (this time!) soundboard recordings of both tonight in Toronto and tomorrow in Montreal. Any suggestions on how to share them? Did this tree work? (I know Ryan's branches will say no). Do you prefer FLAC? Would Bittorrent be better? etc. Let's hear some feedback!

upload them to the Live Music Archive. http://www.archive.org/details/TheLongWinters

the new girl

Postby the new girl » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:36 pm

sour29 wrote:So, if all goes to plan, I'll have complete (this time!) soundboard recordings of both tonight in Toronto and tomorrow in Montreal. Any suggestions on how to share them? Did this tree work? (I know Ryan's branches will say no). Do you prefer FLAC? Would Bittorrent be better? etc. Let's hear some feedback!

(I was going to wait until the report comes back that the show is safely taped so I don't jinx anything by replying now, but I'm bored at work, so...)

I had fun with the tree, and would be willing to be a branch again if that's the route you choose to go, but I think it might be easier to go the torrent route if that's cool with you (no waiting for mail/email, people could still get in on things even if they miss the original cut date, etc, etc). Also makes it a little easier than dealing with blanks in lieu of foreign postage.

That said, I think you (among others) have managed to convert me to the wonders of lossless audio, so count me as a vote for FLAC :)

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:22 am

I'd say archive.org is a good way to go, saves a lot of time. Video gets real big for downloading and then a tree is useful, but audio is okay for many.
Then those who cannot download such files can always post here their friendly request for help and organise a trade of some kind to get to hear it also.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:03 pm

Thanks guys. I think Archive may be the way to go. Either that, or my rps site. We'll see. Have to transfer and EQ both shows. I hope to have it done for Monday, but I'll say Wednesday to be safe.

Details:

Toronto show: Complete show recorded to MiniDisc. Used a microphone, as was missing required adapter for soundboard patch. Sound guy seemed disinterested in helping me (I'm sure the venue had the proper adapter somewhere in the building...), so Plan B it was. Sounds a bit muddled (due to the all around cheapness of my microphone), but very listenable. Great setlist, with an excellent surprise closing song, Medicine Cabinet Pirate.

Montreal show: Complete show recorded to MiniDisc. Got a soundboard mix. The soundboard mix is a bit low on Jon's guitar, and Nabil in general, but sounds good. I'm going to try and EQ them back in a bit. Also, the soundguy forgot I was plugged in, and fiddled with the panning a couple of times. It was a mono mix, so the pans end up sounding funny and being very noticeable -- but there's only two or three of them and don't taint TOO much of the recording. This show had another great setlist -- the first half hour was all acoustic and piano songs, the last hour more conventional Long Winters rock. Notable songs: Samaritan (has that been on any setlists this tour?) and the North American debut of Everything is Talking. More details to follow...

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:24 am

Here's a sample from the Montreal soundboard. It's unEQ'd, except for a volume adjustment, so it's a bit bassy. Enjoy.

Delicate Hands

Patr!ck

Postby Patr!ck » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:28 am

Jason you are my favorite!

Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Postby Jeannette311 » Wed May 02, 2007 8:00 am

Thanks!!!!!

sour29

Postby sour29 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:38 am

Has everyone who needed the discs received them? If so, I'll put it up on Hater High for everyone who didn't get to sign up for the tree. :)

semi_retarded

Postby semi_retarded » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:28 am

I'm sorry if this was covered in one of the earlier pages but I honestly don't want to read through them...
What happened to the taping in early May of 2007 in Toronto?
I know it was for a company making a series of live DVDs but I'm just wondering when it's going to be released or if it has been yet.
Sorry if this is bothersome.

Return to “Swoon”