a little promo from KS

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

a little promo from KS

Postby Moni » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:15 am

Carsten told me that for 6 or so consecutive shows this and the last week Ken Stringfellow played various TLW covers in his shows. It's cool to know that now TLW will now be known even in the remote province of Austria. Seriously, I thought it was a really nice gesture of him.

Yesterday in Vienna he went one step further telling people to go to their show on Sunday. ("You should all go there and endorse them!")
Cue "It'll be a breeze".

He also did "Shapes" for a radio session (accompanying himself on a beautiful Bösendorfer grand piano) which will be aired next monday--I might get a lossless copy of this.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:52 pm

Just how is it that Austria gets all the Ken Stringfellow shows? Cool to hear he still plays all these LW covers though.
On a related note, I saw Jon Auer live tonight, who does grace the Netherlands with some shows. He didn't play any LW songs, but he did rock.

Moni

Postby Moni » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:22 am

Which reminds me--how's Jon's solo album?

Well Vienna showed Ken very much love (for the third time within a year) again, but I guess he mostly did that tour to add some more odd place to "cities I have played"-book.
Anyway, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday show, except for the fact that SQUID WASN'T THERE.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:27 am

Moni wrote: I couldn't have asked for a better birthday show

Happy Birthday, Lizmoni!

bijou

Postby bijou » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:51 am

birthday shows are the best!!! hope you had a happy one!!

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:26 am

ken and john both made friend requests for me on myspace, ken even wrote me a note saying the beauty of myspace is everyone has the chance of being seen or heard. then he said love, ks

i have johns wife on myspace she commented me...john i dont know how he found me, but he and i think ken are still on my top 8. im really naughty and sent a saucy pic of myself to john roderick.

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:30 am

also, im playing candpcoffee in west seattle on california ave, 6pm this sat its free. i love being in a band, i have alot of young kids who like me, onewanted my cd so im sending her some goodies. she said i was the next big thing...i seem to be popular in australia, prolly cause tripple j added me as friends......plus i have glitter hand painted pet rocks to hand out. sorryf or the plug, but i do do a mean newgirl.

Moni

Postby Moni » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:19 am

Thanks ladies. KS shows are always special, and this one was no exception.

CarstenWohlfeld

Re: a little promo from KS

Postby CarstenWohlfeld » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:43 am

Moni wrote:Carsten told me that for 6 or so consecutive shows this and the last week Ken Stringfellow played various TLW covers in his shows.

I think it's safe to say that with the exception of the first Vienna show in January KS has aired at least one TLW cover every night he played. In fact, at most of the shows I've seen he's played two. At the start of the year it was usually "Breeze" and "Scared Straight", these days it's usually "Breeze" and "Shapes" (which he has done both on guitar and at the piano).

Return to “Swoon”