Best Buy, Part Duece

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Best Buy, Part Duece

Postby No You Are » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:20 am

Ok, so I was in Best Buy the other day, looking upon various 'lectronics 'n such, when I hear good ole "Fire Island, AK" blaring over the loudspeakers, followed by...

"That was Fire Island, AK, by the Long Winters. Pick up a copy of their latest record Putting the Days to Bed here at Best Buy"

Indie Rock bands... they grow up so fast.

bijou

Postby bijou » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:31 am

well that's just tooo happy. i'll have to remember to check the best buy stores in las vegas when i xmas shop there... the semi-annual, extended family, patience exhausting, holiday tug-of-war for facetime with my gal, takes place in a couple of weeks. (;-D)

Squid

Postby Squid » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:34 am

Hang on, hang on, hang on - someone was actually recommending the Long Winters on the loudspeakers at Best Buy?

Barsuk's iron fist has struck in the heartland.

GMM

Postby GMM » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:43 pm

Well you see there's the Barsuk Street Team and then there's Barsuk ESIRF (Elite Special Indie Rock Forces).

And you do NOT mess with ESIRF.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:55 pm

Ah, this got me picturing the Fire Island video on the big videowall at Dutch department store V&D. One is allowed to dream, right?

heather

Postby heather » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:43 pm

GMM wrote:Well you see there's the Barsuk Street Team and then there's Barsuk ESIRF (Elite Special Indie Rock Forces).

Barsuk has no such ties to this ESIRF group. We here at the office have no idea what you're talking about.

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:44 am

I'm pretty sure this is all the result of me moving a copy of PTDTB to the reccomended artists section at the end of the aisle that one time.

See, covert-vigilante street team ops work.

kaiden

Postby kaiden » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:46 pm

That reminds me of how I always have to move older Decemberists, Death Cab, Elliott Smith, etc CDs to the front of every row in the "Indie Rock" section at Borders. Yes, Borders has an "Indie Rock" section. No, I don't know what that means, but I do know that when I think "Indie Rock" I honestly don't think of Avenged Sevenfold or whatever other terrible screamo band (major label or otherwise) that they have decided to put in there.

That is a good idea though, NYA. I'll have to start doing that.

GMM

Postby GMM » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:26 pm

heather wrote:
GMM wrote:Well you see there's the Barsuk Street Team and then there's Barsuk ESIRF (Elite Special Indie Rock Forces).

Barsuk has no such ties to this ESIRF group. We here at the office have no idea what you're talking about.

... Yes, uh. No ties. What so ever.

CODE BLUE, ABANDON SITE, POSSIBLE COMPROMISE

Return to “Swoon”