HaterHigh.com

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Please note:

Anyone who downloaded tlw2007033110.flac (2007.03.31 t10), please re-download. The original transfer was corrupted, and about 10mb were missing. I'm double-checking all other files and will keep you posted.

EDIT:

Also, tlw2007032818.flac (2007.03.28 t18) was missing about 30mb. Please re-download this track as well. I'll take stronger measures in the future to ensure the original uploads are error free. Thanks.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:31 pm

Don't mean to bump my own thread (especially considering I was the last post or two), but as per Liesbeth's excellent suggestion, I have updated HaterHigh.com with .txt files and md5 files for most of the lossless shows. The recordings I did are backed up on DVD, and I'll have to create a md5 file for those tomorrow morning (going to out catch Placebo tonight!). If you have downloaded recordings off the site, I highly recommend downloading the md5 files and running a check to make sure you actually have a lossless copy. :)

The right-hand menu bar now looks awfully empty. Anyone have suggestions for more content to add to the site? I've had photographs suggested, but they're terribly difficult to organize, and I'd hate to be the judge of what's a "good, worthy" photograph, and what's discardable. If that's even a word...? So I don't really know how to go about that, short of only posting promo photographs. :S

Moni

Postby Moni » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:21 am

sour29 wrote:Also, tlw2007032818.flac (2007.03.28 t18) was missing about 30mb. Please re-download this track as well. I'll take stronger measures in the future to ensure the original uploads are error free. Thanks.

so if the Hoboken show is not corrupted or anything, does it make sense to blame my faulty USB interface for the CRC errors?

Patr!ck

Postby Patr!ck » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:08 am

sour29 wrote:Don't mean to bump my own thread (especially considering I was the last post or two), but as per Liesbeth's excellent suggestion, I have updated HaterHigh.com with .txt files and md5 files for most of the lossless shows. The recordings I did are backed up on DVD, and I'll have to create a md5 file for those tomorrow morning <b>(going to out catch Placebo tonight!).</b> If you have downloaded recordings off the site, I highly recommend downloading the md5 files and running a check to make sure you actually have a lossless copy. :)

AHHHHHHH!! They don't come to Michigan, ever! I had to drive down to Cleavland in October.... =(

sour29 wrote:The right-hand menu bar now looks awfully empty. Anyone have suggestions for more content to add to the site? I've had photographs suggested, but they're terribly difficult to organize, and I'd hate to be the judge of what's a "good, worthy" photograph, and what's discardable. If that's even a word...? So I don't really know how to go about that, short of only posting promo photographs. :S

Post everything, and have the community feedback what stays and what goes. Setting up a new site is lots of trial and error, but luckily you have direct contact with most of the viewers (E-mail, board, facebook etc.)

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:17 am

Posting everything means an assload of work, effort, and file transferring for me, though. I've been updating HaterHigh everyday (including a re-EQ'd version of 2007.03.30 I just put up this morning that sounds much better), but I don't know if I can dedicate the number of hours it would take to upload all the pictures, convert them to thumbnail links, upload the thumbnails, write up some HTML, put them up there, wait for feedback, adjust HTML and uploads as necessary, and then rinse, lather and repeat. It just doesn't seem feasible. As good an idea as that is, HaterHigh isn't my full-time job. ;)

Oh, and don't worry. I taped Placebo last night, and it sounds like it'll be a really great recording once it's EQ'd a bit. It should be up on Dime sooner or later.

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Postby NatureBoy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:12 am

It seems to me as though this conversation about the maintenance of your site would be better suited to PMs, or via email, or via a wiki on the site itself...

Is it really necessary to hear which files have been updated at that exact moment? I guess we have different philosophies about the best ways to 'drive traffic' and 'attract eyeballs' to websites, but I've never found it necessary to be this pedantic about it in a public forum.

But that might be why you might be getting a firehose of traffic and I'm getting an old man's piss.

Where's the convo about why the band hasn't raised merch prices in spite of the fact that the van is filling up on $200 tanks of gas every day and Eric has a financially crippling addiction to hookers?

Or whether or not JRod's blackberry is chained to his jeans like his wallet?

Or that the over/under on the amount of time JRoth would last in the band was passed months ago? (I made money on that one)

If I'm being too crotchety about this, then tell me and I'll go back to lurking and keeping my mouth shut and not self-promoting my own site, or something.

It's a cool project Sour, but I'm just sayin'...

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:47 am

-shrugs- Fair enough. Although, I for one would love to see messages about updates to your site to remind me to check it out when something new pops up, rather than remember it exists every eight weeks and seeing that I missed updates made a month earlier. That might just be me.

PS. Are we talking about the band not raising prices on this tour, or in years? Because the albums are going for a good $5 or $6 more each than they used to be...at least in Canada, anyhow.

JRo'd blackberry is not chained to anything. I can confirm this.

I asked JRoth, and he says he's not going anywhere. That makes me very happy.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:08 am

Have to disagree with you, Adam. I for one find it interesting to see what's happening with this site - it seems to me Sour has been posting only what really has changed in the set-up of the site, rather than broadcasting every single file that's been uploaded. Different opinions I guess.

As for your questions, I don't know what kept you from starting a thread on each of these matters: they all seem like worthy topics this board could do with. I for one am still getting over the fact that John has a Blueberry AND knows how to make it work.

ps.: if you want to self-promote your site, throw in a proper link next time, will ya, the Net is a lazy place...

NatureBoy

Postby NatureBoy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:17 am

The verdict is in: I'm crotchety!

Carry on then. My bad.

Patr!ck

Postby Patr!ck » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:44 am

Yeah, I don't mean to copy Lisbeth but c'mon. The thread is called Hater High.com. There are many other threads and topics if you don't like this one. It may just be me, but I think everyone here is really proud of Sour for dealing with all the B.S. of hosting not one, but two sites now! Hater High is my fricken homepage! Don't be hatin'!

P.S. I'm eager for Through With Love!

No You Are

Postby No You Are » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:24 pm

I myself am COMPLETELY against plugging your webpage when you update it.

However, if YOU don't have a problem with it, go check out my girl at http://www.clairemiranda.blogspot.com

cam_rock

Postby cam_rock » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:28 am

Here's an idea, being tech savvy and owning a RAZR, I make my own ringtones, more than a few have been LW's, if anyone would be interested in that, I could send over the files to Sour.

zach

Postby zach » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:59 pm

cam_rock wrote:Here's an idea, being tech savvy and owning a RAZR, I make my own ringtones, more than a few have been LW's, if anyone would be interested in that, I could send over the files to Sour.

Even though I couldn't use them, I think this is an awesome idea that should definitely be shared on the internets... I think Liesbeth has some up randomly on the Library site, too.

carlitos

Postby carlitos » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:23 pm

Wha?

zach

Postby zach » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:46 pm

carlitos wrote:Wha?

Umm... about the presence of ringtones on the LWL&A site?
http://www.thelongwinterslibrary.com/lw ... #ringtones

Or my slightly-rambling statement of approval?
...because I understood myself completely. heh.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:02 pm

Blue Diamonds has never sounded more like elevator music.

carlitos

Postby carlitos » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:12 pm

sour29 wrote:Blue Diamonds has never sounded more like elevator music.

You say that like its a bad thing

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:18 pm

NatureBoy wrote:The verdict is in: I'm crotchety!

Carry on then. My bad.

Well I'm looking forward to seeing your crotchety ass at the show on Saturday!

cam_rock

Postby cam_rock » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:27 pm

Any specific requests? They take 5 minutes to make, so, let me have it. I have New Girl and Fire Island, Ak right now.

carlitos

Postby carlitos » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:42 pm

cam_rock wrote:Any specific requests? They take 5 minutes to make, so, let me have it. I have New Girl and Fire Island, Ak right now.

jazz odyssey?

Return to “Swoon”