J-Rod's Source For Fashion: Yakima.

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

zach

J-Rod's Source For Fashion: Yakima.

Postby zach » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:31 am

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/4580

John Roderick, singer and guitarist for the Seattle band The Long Winters, spent years browsing flea markets and thrift stores for unique-looking frames.

He owns nearly 150 pairs, which includes frames from the 1950s and 1960s, aviators and glam-rock sunglasses.

Craig, who is a fan of the band, noticed the singer's penchant for distinctive specs and e-mailed the singer about his collection. Roderick found 30 pairs after poring over what Craig had to offer.

"Dan has a very good eye for picking out unusual frames -- frames that might seem to be far out at first, that end up really complementing the wearer," Roderick said. "I would call him a consultant. He can search his archives and really transform a person's identity with a carefully chosen frame."

Since then, Roderick has been a walking advertisement for Craig's business. The glasses often appear center stage when the band tours across the country.

"I've directed more indie rockers to Dan's business than I can count, and we've fattened up his record collection in the process," Roderick said. "He's made quite an impact among the nerdy Seattle scene."

150 pairs?!? Woah.

Flyn

Postby Flyn » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:06 pm

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:15 pm

Wow.

And I can't believe I've been here long enough to remember that archived thread from when it was originally posted. Yikes.

h4ck
Current Heading: East

Re: J-Rod's Source For Fashion: Yakima.

Postby h4ck » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:35 pm

holy shit - roderick's glasses obsession is worse than mine.

j-rod: how many pairs of shoes do you have?

zach wrote:http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/4580

John Roderick, singer and guitarist for the Seattle band The Long Winters, spent years browsing flea markets and thrift stores for unique-looking frames.

He owns nearly 150 pairs, which includes frames from the 1950s and 1960s, aviators and glam-rock sunglasses.

Craig, who is a fan of the band, noticed the singer's penchant for distinctive specs and e-mailed the singer about his collection. Roderick found 30 pairs after poring over what Craig had to offer.

"Dan has a very good eye for picking out unusual frames -- frames that might seem to be far out at first, that end up really complementing the wearer," Roderick said. "I would call him a consultant. He can search his archives and really transform a person's identity with a carefully chosen frame."

Since then, Roderick has been a walking advertisement for Craig's business. The glasses often appear center stage when the band tours across the country.

"I've directed more indie rockers to Dan's business than I can count, and we've fattened up his record collection in the process," Roderick said. "He's made quite an impact among the nerdy Seattle scene."

150 pairs?!? Woah.

Return to “Swoon”