Pop Rock Whores

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Pop Rock Whores

Postby Moni » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:56 am

Unfortunately, no sex at all in this article, despite the title. And even tho I hate that comparison with the Counting Crows, this one turned out to be quite nice:

http://crawdaddy.wolfgangsvault.com/Art ... px?id=8340

leigh

Postby leigh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:33 pm

I never thought John sounded like Adam Duritz until after someone suggested it and then I heard it, but luckily the association quickly passed.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 am

holy.shit.

i was way more interested in reading the comments. i think someone alerted the counting crows police cuz those people went ape shit. it seriously looks like someone said "pssst, this guy is dissing adam, come quick!"
i was never a huge counting crows fan. i definitely have no idea on the comparison. i have never heard that before or thought it. i do know that in my opinion that was a weird article.

edit to add: but i do think someone needs to make up buttons that say "The Long Winters: The pop rock band of choice".
(i'm an idea person. i'm lazy with the execution.)

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:48 am

A Brutaful Smile wrote:holy.shit.

i do think someone needs to make up buttons that say "The Long Winters: The pop rock band of choice".

I know what you mean, I'm so overdue on that
"The Long Winters: Now Hiring" shirt, that it's no longer relevant...
Last edited by Harvey Winters on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:23 pm

Harvey Winters wrote:

i do think someone needs to make up buttons that say "The Long Winters: The pop rock band of choice".

I know what you mean, I'm so overdue on that
"The Long Winters: Now Hiring" shirt, that it's no longer relevant...

yep, i have had a few t-shirt ideas that are no longer timely. i still could do them, but...eh...little late.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm

It would be totally retro, guys. You should still do it! :)

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 pm

If anything, I still want to make a shirt that says "No, you are", front and back...
Or "Do you wanna?" on the front, and "Hey, I wanna" on the back...

Moni

Postby Moni » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:44 am

i was way more interested in reading the comments. i think someone alerted the counting crows police cuz those people went ape shit. it seriously looks like someone said "pssst, this guy is dissing adam, come quick!"

Indeed!
Thumbs up for your analytical skills, missus :)
IUt's great they want to defend their favorite band, but simply going "you suck!" and "worst article ever" probably isn't the smartest way to do so.
I too think it is a very biased article, but I happen to agree with most of what he says about CC (clearly I am biased, too :).
Last edited by Moni on Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:12 am

sour29 wrote:It would be totally retro, guys. You should still do it! :)

HA HA! I never thought of it like that... :)

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:17 am

Moni wrote:

Indeed!
IUt's great they want to defend their favorite band, but simply going "you suck!" and "worst article ever" probably isn't the smartest way to do so.
I too think it is a very biased article, but I happen to agree with most of what he says about CC.

well look at that. someone did some sluething. :) so they are talking about it over there. i glanced at it but do not need to read it all. it's the same thing over and over and appears both sides can agree the guy did write a biased, and somewhat odd, article.

i would just like to state for the record that their cover of "big yellow taxi" is one of my favorite songs ever. still not a huge cc fan tho.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Harvey Winters wrote:If anything, I still want to make a shirt that says "No, you are", front and back...
Or "Do you wanna?" on the front, and "Hey, I wanna" on the back...

did you see the pics from way back when (not sure if you were on the board then) of me and my son in our "No You Are" shirts? they're from the sonic boom tour. i don't know where those pics ended up online.

i also thought of something to do with the "hey, i wanna" but i like your idea! :)

one of my other ideas was to have a shirt that says "I'm a pushover for The Long Winters".

look at me giving away all my secrets.... ;)

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:05 am

Moni wrote:

Indeed!
I too think it is a very biased article, but I happen to agree with most of what he says about CC.

Y'know, Carrie Underwood fans were torching Sean after a bad review, and the HD faithful didn't stand for it...

Moni

Postby Moni » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:20 am

Well there's not much use in getting into a fight over somerthing like that, especially when most people's argument doesn't exceed the "this guy sucks"-level.

A Brutaful Smile wrote:well look at that. someone did some sluething. :)

Actually, I just googled for CC message board, and since the link to "Lisa's Counting Crows Shrine" was dead, I clicked the next and voilà, it was one of the first threads there.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:26 am

Moni wrote:Actually, I just googled for CC message board, and since the link to "Lisa's Counting Crows Shrine" was dead, I clicked the next and voilà, it was one of the first threads there.

ah, the power of google. :)

Moni

Postby Moni » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:02 pm

To be fair to the CC fans who commented on the article, as silly as some are, some others are very level-headed.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:53 pm

This is sort of a semi-irrelevent comment, but the idea of an artist trying to play to the tastes of an audience and failing (I have no idea and don't care if it's true or not for CC) reminded me of a great David Bowie quote:

"If I'm going to do something that could be provocative or artistically relevant, I have to be prepared to put myself in a place where I feel unsafe, not completely in control. I have no fear of failure whatsoever, because often out of that uncertainty, something is salvaged, something that is worthwhile comes about. There is no progress without failure. And each failure is a lesson learned. Unneccessary failures are the ones where an artist tries to second guess an audiences taste, and little comes out of that situation except a kind of inward humiliation."

lovely, lovely DB.

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:18 am

Harvey Winters wrote:
Y'know, Carrie Underwood fans were torching Sean after a bad review, and the HD faithful didn't stand for it...

Yeah, but the HD fans were just shooting hippos in a barrel on that one. It was most unfair to those poor, simple Underwoodies.

Return to “Swoon”