Paste Magazine Struggling, Pleads Saving...

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

zach

Paste Magazine Struggling, Pleads Saving...

Postby zach » Thu May 14, 2009 8:24 am

"Last night, the magazine appealed to its readers, asking them to donate whatever they could to make sure Paste can survive well into the future. In return for donations, readers will get access to music that they can't get anywhere else, available for download on Paste's site."

A list of artists contributing songs for the Save Paste Campaign so far:
A Camp, Ari Hest, Army of Me, Arrested Development, Ben Folds, Ben Wakeman, Betty LaVette, Bill Mallonee, Birdmonster, Bloodkin, Bob Mould, Brandi Carlile, Cara Luft, Cary Brothers, Cowboy Junkies, Dan Zimmerman, Derek Webb, Duncan Sheik, G. Love and Special Sauce, Gomez, Greg Laswell, Indigo Girls, Islands, Jamie Lidell, Jason Harrod, Jennifer Daniels, Jesse Sykes And The Sweet Hereafter, Joe Henry, John Doe, John Roderick (The Long Winters), Josh Ritter, Josh Rouse, Keller Williams, Liam Finn, Loney Dear, Luke Brindley, Marc Broussard, Matt Nathanson, Matthew Caws, Matthew Sweet, Meiko, Neko Case, Of Montreal, Ortolan, Over the Rhine, Passion Pit, Patterson Hood, Portastatic, Robert Pollard, Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3, Rosie Thomas, Samantha Crain, Sandra McCracken, Shawn Mullins, She & Him, Slow Runner, Soul-Junk, Southeast Engine, State Radio, String Cheese Incident, Switchfoot, Thao, The Avett Brothers, The Clarks, The Decemberists, The Jayhawks, The Low Anthem, The Minus 5, The Rosewood Thieves, The Spring Standards, Umphree's McGee, Venice Is Sinking, Welcome Wagon, William Fitzimmons

Apparently, a dollar gets you access to all that muzak, but, of course, you can donate as much as you want. I haven't done so, yet, because I'm not at my own computer, but somebody else should! Then tell us which LWs track is up.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/m ... 116469.asp
http://www.pastemagazine.com/paste/the- ... paste.html

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Re: Paste Magazine Struggling, Pleads Saving...

Postby sour29 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:59 am

Bride and Bridle from the Barsuk songwriters show.
I've had it for a while, now...so, nothing new. But still cool.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Re: Paste Magazine Struggling, Pleads Saving...

Postby sour29 » Fri May 22, 2009 5:20 am

Update: Donations have reached more than $166,000 in the first week. Looks like they'll probably be OK for a while longer.
[SOURCE: http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-05-21-paste-donations_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip]

Return to “Swoon”