odd biography linked

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

A Brutaful Smile

odd biography linked

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Sat May 30, 2009 7:16 pm

so i was checking out this site called twine that's supposed to link all your interests together to get you info on them in one place and also connect you to others with the same interests, etc, etc. as my test i had it search for the long winters. it found 1 link which sent me to another site called all music. it has a lot of links to jump around to and i ended up reading this biography that seemed like one of the strangest abridged versions of the long winters' story that i have ever come across....

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... qy0ldke~T1

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Re: odd biography linked

Postby sour29 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:06 am

Putting the Days to Bed [...] featured a brand-new Long Winters lineup with the additions of Eric Corson (bass), the Lemons' Nabil Ayers (drums), and ex-Ghost Stories guitarist Jonathan Rothman.

Damn, that bassist is so good, I thought he'd been playing with the Long Winters for something like 6 or 7 years!

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Sun May 31, 2009 9:41 am

sour29 wrote:
Putting the Days to Bed [...] featured a brand-new Long Winters lineup with the additions of Eric Corson (bass), the Lemons' Nabil Ayers (drums), and ex-Ghost Stories guitarist Jonathan Rothman.

Damn, that bassist is so good, I thought he'd been playing with the Long Winters for something like 6 or 7 years!

i know! that was one of the things that threw me. the addition of Eric??? he's ALWAYS been with the band. he's the only one that has! (besides john of course)

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Sun May 31, 2009 4:36 pm

It's a very weak biography. It's pretty much "They became a band and then released an album. Then they released another album, and an EP a few years after that. Then they released their latest album and went on tour. THE END."

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:22 pm

That's exactly how it happened. It's like they were there.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:32 am

you can bitch about this bio plenty, but contrary to many other sites in the webosphere at least it has all the current band members listed (instead of Mike Squires, or Michael Schorr, or even Sean Nelson and Michael Shilling), and doesn't stop after Ultimatum, Putting the Days to Bed, or even The Worst You Can Do Is Harm!

I recently checked every single one of the sites listed on this Library page, and I tell ya, it's a brutally outdated world out there. However, with this list we can attack all those sites with the right info as soon as it becomes clear who will hit the bongos now that Nabil is a hot shot music exec.

by the way, this allmusic bio is used on several other band sites, so you may come across it elsewhere.

Return to “Swoon”