Long Winters make cameo in (500) Days of Summer

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Long Winters make cameo in (500) Days of Summer

Postby sour29 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:58 am

I went to go see the new film (500) Days of Summer last night and to my surprise, the Long Winters had a notable cameo!

OK, that's a bit of hyperbole. But there is at least one clear shot of the band's infamous PTDTB poster with the band sitting against a plain baby blue background when Tom and Summer are shopping in a record store. There are at least two more shots where John Roderick can be clearly seen on the same poster later in the movie. It was clearly on purpose, and very cool.

That being said, it's actually a really good movie. A bit Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind-ish, but that's not a bad thing! :)

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Re: Long Winters make cameo in (500) Days of Summer

Postby No You Are » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:53 am

I was wondering why we hadn't heard much from John lately... I assumed it was because he was hard at work on the new album, but obviously he has been hanging out on the red carpet with his new glitteratti friends. He's gone Hollywood, and neither will ever be the same.

Moni

Postby Moni » Sun May 16, 2010 2:53 am

We rented the DVD this weekend, and I popped it into the computer once we finished watching the movie.
2 screenshots:
500Days.jpg
500Days.jpg (172.67 KiB) Viewed 2507 times
500Days2.jpg
500Days2.jpg (223.2 KiB) Viewed 2507 times

There's also a yellow Barsuk sticker and a Menomena poster. Seeing how they appear in a different spot in the other scene, I guess they really were put there deliberately. Might have something to do with Zooey Deschanel's husband?

I liked the movie a lot, except that I'm really tired of kids talking like grown-ups (Tom's little sister). I know, kids say the darndest things and it's bruhaha-funny. NOT. Oh and is it only me or does Joseph Gordon Levitt (he was so good!) look like Heath Leadger sometimes?

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:49 pm

I just noticed the Barsuk sticker and Menomena poster now, myself, and was scrolling down to mention it and you beat me to the punch. I don't see any legitimate connection between JGL and Heath Ledger, though.

Edit: Oh, and that's a Jesse Sykes poster directly above Zooey's head in that first screenshot.

Barsuk-heads ftw.

Return to “Swoon”