Sweet Mother of God (New Site)

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Squid

Sweet Mother of God (New Site)

Postby Squid » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Oi! Have you people forgotten that I am *cough* mature and cantankerous?!

You can't just change the damn site without warning!

Give a poor Squid a heart attack.

*collapses into rocking chair clutching her knitting*

ps: It's black! Like my soul! And my shrivl'd lil heart! YES.

pss: Did I put this in the wrong forum again?

EDIT: Administrivia! Damn it. Fine. Can someone with Supreme Unadulterated Power move this? Cheers.

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Re: Sweet Mother of God

Postby grant » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Oh, so you can see that now?

Thank goodness. There's been a lot of work by far more dedicated people than myself going on to make all that happen. I've been able to mostly watch from the sidelines, though.

Does it all function for you?

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Whoa new website!!!

Looks good.

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm

grant wrote:Oh, so you can see that now?

I can't, even tho I burned all cookies. Still shows the old site for me. Wot me do wrong? :(
EDIT: A-ha! works without the www.
EDIT2: or not. mind=blown.

sour29

Re: Sweet Mother of God (New Site)

Postby sour29 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm seeing it now, but I got taken to an error page the first time I came in. So it goes.

But yeah, hands off to the crew who put this together. Good work, ya'll!

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:27 pm

A proper thank you to Liesbeth, Moni, Grant and Sour for shepherding the new site into being, and especially Liesbeth for midwifing the whole process. The new site will be updated regularly, thank god.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:17 am

See, I knew that all technical trouble to get the site online would be overcome as soon as I was stuck to my bed with a fever, headache and a stifling cough. I'm feeling a bit better already.

Congrats to John and the band on their new website! Now us minions can lean back, while they fill it with news, photos and tales of debauchery.

EDIT: topic moved to Swoon

Squid

Postby Squid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:24 pm

Well, it looks wonderful, thanks to you all. Well done. I'm still going through it and love what I've seen so far. I'm a very happy Little Winter.

[Although...I will say that the cursive logo masthead makes me sad for my departed T-shirt. Can't we bring that back? It was my absolute FAVORITE. It was black, and the letters look SO classy, it really made the name of the band seem kinda austere in a manner that was neither self-important nor toolish. I got compliments whenever I wore it - and not just in indie-rock circles, either. (The sorority girl in the snooty nail salon was my fave - didn't hear a word I said about the band, just wanted to know where she could get a shirt. Hey, I'm not hating, whatever works.) ]

So where's the Eurovision scoreboard going?

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Squid wrote: Can't we bring that back? It was my absolute FAVORITE. It was black, and the letters look SO classy...

I second that. I wear mine all the time, and I'd probably buy another if they were available on the next tour.

I wish I could say I had more to do with the new site, but I was basically just a last minute adviser. I'm glad to get my spoon in the pot, but the soup was already boiling, if you know what I'm saying? No? Me either.

The old link to the board, however, is what's causing me the error message. http://www.thelongwinters.com/board/index.php is the URL I've had bookmarked for years. Don't know how many other people have the same problem with the now dead link? Or does everyone come in from the main site every day?

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:53 pm

John wrote: The new site will be updated regularly, thank god.

now that's just plain teasing John and that's not nice.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:54 pm

sour29 wrote:The old link to the board, however, is what's causing me the error message. http://www.thelongwinters.com/board/index.php is the URL I've had bookmarked for years. Don't know how many other people have the same problem with the now dead link? Or does everyone come in from the main site every day?

if it makes you feel better i had the same issue.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:16 am

We've had the new board with its new URL for about a year now, so you guys have been lucky there was a redirect in place all this time. I will have a look to see if we can reinstate some sort of reminder about the new board location, but I think now would be a good time to update your bookmarks!

Or does everyone come in from the main site every day?

That made me smirk. I stopped doing that a long time ago, because there wasn't any news anyway. Now however it might be good thing to do again. Hurrah.
Oh and for BrutaSmile: John will prove you wrong. He was updating the site when it wasn't even live yet.

Squid

Postby Squid » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:28 pm

*raises hand sheepishly*

Erm, I come in thru the main site. Strangely, I never noticed until you just mentioned it. Maybe I just never lost faith that one day I would click and *poof* --> new content! And by the way, it totally worked so clearly I am a genius.

NOW I want to talk about something completely different yet similar yet concise yet smooshy: commenting on the blog posts on the main page of the site. I think it will be interesting to see who is posting there and when. After all, it's warm in here and I have my special barcalounger and you've all seen me with no make-up in my pajamas eating almond butter from a jar and crying about some jerky guy who didn't deserve me anyway. Why would I want to go out THERE? With THEM?

And yet, it seems a bit duplicative, don't it? Writing here about what you could be posting as a more direct reponse in another locale. Right?

I'm not saying I feel my psyche being rent in twain over it or anything. I just think it's a bit interesting.

ps: It is almost Tuesday! And that means science !!

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:09 am

You could say the same thing about posting comments on Facebook or MySpace. It's more direct, but it's also more (intentionally) direct-to-artist than this message board here. This is more of a community, rather than just people vying for John's attention. So, yes, I can see that it's a bit duplicative (what a smashing word!) -- but I think with a purpose, and you'll see that both will be able to co-exist side-by-side in appreciative harmony.

Mike McCusker

Postby Mike McCusker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 pm

I like it, but the nerd in me was immediately drawn to the discography in eternal pursuit of completism.

orochics

Postby orochics » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:01 pm

John's twitter said there would be naked bingo. Maybe that part of the site is not implemented yet :D

grant
wears the boots

Postby grant » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:56 am

I only need two more squares, myself.

And you can take my Free Space any time, baby.....

Return to “Swoon”