John at Sorrento Hotel's Night School 8/2/10

Photos, links, media appearances.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

pahouk

John at Sorrento Hotel's Night School 8/2/10

Postby pahouk » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:09 pm

John will part of the 8/2/10 version of Night School at the Sorrento Hotel: http://bumbershoot.org/40/night-school. I haven't been to one of these before but it sounds like fun. Is it like a big cocktail party with a bunch of musicians and writers as guests?

pahouk

Re: John at Sorrento Hotel's Night School 8/2/10

Postby pahouk » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Here's some additional information about the event: http://www.nightnightnight.com/2010/07/ ... ns-12.html. I hadn't realized it's a fundraiser for 826 Seattle. It's listed as 12 musicians and 12 writers in 12 rooms. Also for some reason John is listed as one of the writers instead of one of the musicians.

Edited to add : I just realized he's the author of one of the books from the 12 Books program they're running at the Sorrento. That must be why he's listed as an author instead of musician.

pahouk

Postby pahouk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:29 am

This was fun last night, although the format was very unusual. Basically they took over the top floor of the hotel for the event. Two speakers were set up in each room. The audience members would wander around from room to room listening in on their conversations. I had been wandering when I heard John's voice coming from one of the rooms. When I peeked in I saw a bunch of people sprawled around the room but I didn't see John, even though I could hear him talking. Then I realized he was in the bathroom interviewing Spencer Moody while the audience sat in the next room. (There were microphones in the bathroom so people in the next room could hear.) I kept hearing running water and then I realized John was having a bubble bath while he did his interview. Several people peeked into the bathroom and took pictures so I'm guessing they'll turn up on the internet somewhere. Also John had room service delivered to the bathroom during the interview. I saw him later in the evening walking around in his robe and asked him who's idea it was to take a bath and he grinned and said it was his.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:27 am

Hahaha. John and his baths!

I know I won't be throwing rocks from this glass house, though. I've been known to enjoy a bath with a good book now and again.

pahouk

Postby pahouk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Here's a little write up about last night: http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archiv ... ento-hotel. Also, I applaud the use of the term "manties".

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:42 pm

to think I was actually in Seattle when this happened. Although I have to say that this might have been too much for me; it's good if an artist keeps some mystique.

Meant to include a 'bathroom' page to the library site when I started, with links to interviews and banter mentioning his love for the bath, one of those things that I didn't get round to. I suppose it was only a matter of time until he finally had a bath in public.

Return to “Swoon”