Name that...

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

User avatar
angel
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: westside

Name that...

Postby angel » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:29 am

Suggestions for the title of the third record?

I like "Laid Back and Proper."

I realize this is not a very Long Wintery album title. It's more of a Snoop Doggery title but I still like it.

User avatar
iheartbarsuk
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Postby iheartbarsuk » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:46 am

I think it should be called, "Record Number 82302"
Don't ask me why.

User avatar
grant
wears the boots
Posts: 1485
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:16 am
Current Heading: West
Location: peninsular america
Contact:

Postby grant » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:06 pm

What's that poetic form called when the first letter of each line spells out the work's name?

At any rate, that's what they should do with the track listing.

User avatar
Kateness
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:46 am
Location: vancouver, bc
Contact:

Postby Kateness » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:43 pm

acrostic?

User avatar
chelsea
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:53 pm
Location: Queen Anne Hill
Contact:

Postby chelsea » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:25 pm

shouldn't this be in "give me a moment"?

but anyways, back in late february or early march i was listening to KEXP and the dj (i forget who) said that "through with love" was going to be the name of the next long winters record. i was thoroughly surprised and have heard nothing to back this up since then.

User avatar
dchris
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Contact:

Postby dchris » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:20 am

chelsea wrote:but anyways, back in late february or early march i was listening to KEXP and the dj (i forget who) said that "through with love" was going to be the name of the next long winters record. i was thoroughly surprised and have heard nothing to back this up since then.
!

That means, theoretically, that the Western State Hurricanes song of the same name would be included, no? This makes me happy.

User avatar
No You Are
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:53 pm
Current Heading: North
Location: Rochester, MinneSOta
Contact:

Postby No You Are » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:05 am

I've got a gift for coming up with album names, so here are some great ideas I came up with for the next LW record...

The White Album
Paul's Boutique
To the Extreme
Young, Gifted and Badd
Frampton Comes Alive
UHF
Greatest Hits
Loc'd After Dark

Whattdyall think? Pretty sweet, eh?

Laura Suzanne
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: the city by the City

Postby Laura Suzanne » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:26 am

Frampton Comes Alive!



[i actually saw Peter Frampton once...]

User avatar
angel
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: westside

Postby angel » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:31 am

dchris wrote:
chelsea wrote:but anyways, back in late february or early march i was listening to KEXP and the dj (i forget who) said that "through with love" was going to be the name of the next long winters record. i was thoroughly surprised and have heard nothing to back this up since then.
!

That means, theoretically, that the Western State Hurricanes song of the same name would be included, no? This makes me happy.


Through with Love is one of the greatest songs of all time. Honestly. I dream of this song being recorded for the world to hear.

User avatar
grant
wears the boots
Posts: 1485
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:16 am
Current Heading: West
Location: peninsular america
Contact:

Postby grant » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:20 pm

Kateness wrote:acrostic?


It's a kind of acrostic, yes....

Here's an interesting synchronicity -- I was starting this thread here, spurred on by a reference unrelated to this one, when I realized I wasn't sure if what I was suggesting (an A-to-Z list on a particular theme) was an abecedarium or an abecedarius.

As it turns out, the abecedarium appears to be the list, and the poetic form I was trying to think of in this thread appears the abecedarius, although the terms are both obviously closely related.

Strange that the one question should lead to the other answer, eh?

Although, I was thinking of something less alphabet-based. Perhaps it's time for a nap.

User avatar
angel
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: westside

Postby angel » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:04 pm

You guys are no fun.

User avatar
LngHrvWntrsDngr
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:51 am
Location: Home

Postby LngHrvWntrsDngr » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:07 pm

no, you are!

User avatar
angel
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: westside

no, you are sucker

Postby angel » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:15 pm

heeheehee

User avatar
longtimecoming
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:36 pm
Location: camp rock
Contact:

Postby longtimecoming » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:49 pm

of course sean is in thatr girls basement,me how ever- is going to disney land, baby! woohoo! so,julie finally heard from wills. he cant talk, poop anyway, as for me, ive got my thinkin cap on- and ill play my heart out..


sorry, iw as making a joke about fiona apple..

how bout:
for god sakes, dynamikrebel@aol.com wont stop stalking me, oops, that was me. i honestly have an iternet stalker, ill shut up now.

User avatar
longtimecoming
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:36 pm
Location: camp rock
Contact:

Postby longtimecoming » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:55 pm

track listings

i luv justin timberlake'
how you doin'?
of course youre having brandon boyds baby (another stab at a stalker of longtimecoming)
oneof us likes to lick
hats r us
we rule, you drool
hip hop
happy hippy

accompanied by a dvd: its a chickmagnet, damnit!!

User avatar
wonderbex
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 11:40 am
Contact:

Postby wonderbex » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:38 pm

grant wrote:
Kateness wrote:acrostic?


As it turns out, the abecedarium appears to be the list, and the poetic form I was trying to think of in this thread appears the abecedarius, although the terms are both obviously closely related.

.


Wait, fo' reals (not farina), Abecedarium is a real word???? I thought you were just being really clever (but not in a precious way) and I was impressed. Because, in my head, it's pronounced "Ay-Bee-Cee-Darium" and that's so rad.

(can i use that? i could, like, tug on my ear or something to give you credit).

User avatar
iheartbarsuk
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Postby iheartbarsuk » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:59 pm

wonderbex wrote:
grant wrote:
Kateness wrote:acrostic?


As it turns out, the abecedarium appears to be the list, and the poetic form I was trying to think of in this thread appears the abecedarius, although the terms are both obviously closely related.

.


Wait, fo' reals (not farina), Abecedarium is a real word???? I thought you were just being really clever (but not in a precious way) and I was impressed. Because, in my head, it's pronounced "Ay-Bee-Cee-Darium" and that's so rad.

(can i use that? i could, like, tug on my ear or something to give you credit).


Exactly what I was thinking.

User avatar
grant
wears the boots
Posts: 1485
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:16 am
Current Heading: West
Location: peninsular america
Contact:

Postby grant » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:59 am

It's a lovely word, in part because it sounds like what it is.

Like an aquarium for the alphabet... "Oh, can we see Xes first? Oh, pleeeease? When do they feed the Os and Ps?"

You can find many examples here, but make sure you pay special attention to this one, simply for its geography.
Last edited by grant on Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wonderbex
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 11:40 am
Contact:

Postby wonderbex » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:05 am

grant wrote:It's a lovely word, in part because it sounds like what it is.

Like an aquarium for the alphabet... "Oh, can we see Xes first? Oh, pleeeease? When do they feed the Os and Ps?"


'Zactly. All of which reminds me of my favorite childhood cleverness:

"A B. C D goldfish?"

"M N O goldfish!"

"O S A R!"

(i believe one must recite it out loud to get the full effect).

User avatar
grant
wears the boots
Posts: 1485
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:16 am
Current Heading: West
Location: peninsular america
Contact:

Postby grant » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:14 am

Ha!

Breakfast conversation:

F U N E X?

S, I F X!

F U N E M?

S, I F M!

Then give me ham and eggs!


Return to “Cattywampus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests