fave long winters song

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

I wont answer this question. The best thing about the Long Winters is that every freakin' song is fantastic. You can go to show and you anticipate and go nuts for every single thing they play, and you never hear everything you want to.

I'm afraid even if they played for hours and played every song, by the time they were done, you'd want them to start over.
Harvey Winters
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Harvey Winters »

Betty Felon wrote:

I'm afraid even if they played for hours and played every song, by the time they were done, you'd want them to start over.

I have nightmares about Bruce Springsteen doing that...
heather

Post by heather »

Are you talking shit about THE BOSS? It's go time.
A Brutaful Smile

Post by A Brutaful Smile »

i can't pick one because altho there are a few favorites of mine, it really all depends on my mood what song would be my favorite that day.
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

Sorry, can't pick until I've heard 'em all.
heather

Post by heather »

If there was a song about beards, that would be my favorite one. Alas, there are NO L-DUBS songs about beards, so I don't have a "fave".
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

why is this in cattywampus?

"blue diamonds" is the first that i heard and loved, but i really can't pick just one.
A Brutaful Smile

chelsea wrote:"blue diamonds" is the first that i heard and loved, but i really can't pick just one.

are you serious? is that the first long winters song you heard EVAR?!?!
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

A Brutaful Smile wrote:
chelsea wrote:"blue diamonds" is the first that i heard and loved, but i really can't pick just one.

Yeah, well, if you think that's bad, after The WSH played their short set at the croc, she asked what the second song they played was. That song was Medicine Cabinet Pirate. ;)
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

A Brutaful Smile wrote:

yes, but i heard "carparts" and "scent of lime" next. mp3s from the barsuk site! gosh!

Unremarkable wrote:Yeah, well, if you think that's bad, after The WSH played their short set at the croc, she asked what the second song they played was. That song was Medicine Cabinet Pirate. ;)

yes, i KNOW i need to go back and listen to TWYCDIH again. the one time i listened to it all the way through it was overall too slow and mellow for my liking. i wanted more songs like "scared straight" and "shapes." AND HOW MANY PEOPLE KNEW ALL THE WORDS TO "THROUGH WITH LOVE"!?!? HUH?!?
heather

Post by heather »

me. and laura. and some people behind me, i think.
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

heather wrote:me. and laura. and some people behind me, i think.

Dude, I totally knew them better than john
A Brutaful Smile

chelsea wrote:yes, i KNOW i need to go back and listen to TWYCDIH again. the one time i listened to it all the way through it was overall too slow and mellow for my liking. i wanted more songs like "scared straight" and "shapes."

that i think has been an isuue. there are those that got the first cd and those that got the second. i think neither way is bad.
the first cd has a certain mood to it and i think you have to be in the mood for it. which when it came out i was. i had the worst break up of my life happen and i thought i was going to die of heartbreak. TWYCDIH fit perfectly.
obviously the second cd was a bit more up beat, at least musically anyway, lyrically i'm not so sure, but ya know, you could tap your foot to it more and look the other way about the lyrics.
i have been told that the third will be even more upbeat than the second.
i guess it could be a progressive collection when we are able to say "remember the long winters? yea, when you listen to all their cds back to back you can hear the progression of happiness".
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

Probably "Late Night," although I'm also quite fond of "Effervescent Elephant."
kathryn

Post by kathryn »

my favorite long winters song is that one with the hand claps and tambourine, oh, oh! and there's that horn section in the chorus. i really love those "la la la la" high harmony, backup vocals, too, and the ARP string ensemble just kills me every time.

hey, wait....
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

grant wrote:Probably "Late Night," although I'm also quite fond of "Effervescent Elephant."

Did Syd Barrett write that? Or was it older . . .
Harvey Winters
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Harvey Winters »

heather wrote:Are you talking shit about THE BOSS? It's go time.

Sorry, but he's not MY Boss...
Robots r 1337

Post by Robots r 1337 »

it is hard to decide, and if i did have to say it would probably be itll be a breeze. but if they ever played a song about robots, that would probably be my absolute fave.
anthropomorphizing_kitty

Post by anthropomorphizing_kitty »

Robots r 1337 wrote:it is hard to decide, and if i did have to say it would probably be itll be a breeze. but if they ever played a song about robots, that would probably be my absolute fave.

Maybe since Sean left they should have a Sean-bot a la Simon-bot they had on Futurama.
mildlyrestarted

Post by mildlyrestarted »

i love robots.