Can't wipe my mouth when my heart's on my sleeve.

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Squid

Can't wipe my mouth when my heart's on my sleeve.

Post by Squid »

I know we're all spread out across the country/world/universe and all, but here in SF we have this guy Dan Leone who writes a fantastic food column about greasy spoons called "Cheap Eats".

And...I know it gets kinda annoying (a la Rachel Ray) when people's personalities infringe on the subject matter they're trying to present. But in his most recent column...it's just...it's...

Look. It's about divorce and in/out burger. Just read it, okay?

http://www.sfbg.com/39/02/x_cheap_eats.html
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

Wow, that's kinda weird.
MoxieVoxie

Post by MoxieVoxie »

Crawdad la Cooter?

Anyway, I was never a big fan of In-n-Out. People always rave about it, but really it is just another fast food joint. Yes, it does taste a bit fresher than many, but nothing to rave about. I do think that they have some of the strongest onions I've ever eaten...if you like having onion BO for days.
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

I thought this was going to be about Divorce the band. Not that I'm disappointed. Because I'm not. I don't care at all. In fact I'm glad it wasn't about them.
Squid

Post by Squid »

hmm, yeah, perhaps he should've worked the band in somehow as well!

dunno. i posted this coz i thought it was an interesting way of dealing with something so traumatising. You know, he obviously loves his soon-to-be-ex-wife enough to refer to her by her pet name...and yet, horribly...apparently it has to end anyhow.

And suddenly here he is, a grownup, divorced and left with nothing to contemplate but his freakin' in/out burger. (for me, it was jack in the box curly fries, but i digress.) The difference being, of course, that I don't get paid to talk about being heartbroken at the drive-thru...

Does In/Out still have "John 3:16" printed on their fry boxes and cups?