Page 1 of 1

for crime's sake.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:27 am
by aj
so apparently theft is rampant for the L Dubs fans here in chicago.

Betty, perhaps your wallet and my car are in the same place right now. I hope they're laughing it up and having a grand ole time.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:38 am
by LoveSickJerk
Oh dear! That totally sucks!

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:36 am
by Betty Felon
WHAT??!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. I just saw you IN your car, like....hours ago!

OH no! no no no no no no NO NO NO!

That's it. Let's all move to Japan.

AJ, let me know if there is anything I can do. I hear Apple Cider with Rum works wonders.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:42 am
by Unremarkable
A bunch of savages in that town...

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:06 am
by chelsea
gosh, why are the car thiefs targeting l-dub boardies all of a sudden??

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:08 pm
by Liesbeth
are you all sporting Long Winters bumper stickers or something?

AJ, this is the kinda stressful situation where you could smoke next to me ALL you want... it sucks

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:32 pm
by Harvey Winters
Don't go to Japan...
Godzilla...

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:25 pm
by dchris
oh my god. your car. You can use this as another reason to leave chicago, though.

I'm sorry.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:29 pm
by BladeRunner
that fucking sucks.

Losing a car is like being in middle school all over again. I'm sorry.

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:59 am
by Yarn
Yeah, grand theft auto occurs daily in junior high.

Also, sorry about your car. I know a women who just moved from Chicago to Seattle, due in part to the crime.

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:34 am
by Betty Felon
are you sure it wasn't just towed? They like to tow cars for no reason around here...

Actually, I'm surprised at the rash of crime lately. I've lived here most of my life and its never been a problem. Now suddenly everyone I know is a vicitm, the full range from petty (my silly wallet that seemed like such a huge deal the other day) to peeping toms to auto theft to full blown breaking and entering. Luckily, none of it has been violent, knock on wood.

Perhaps once it becomes publically acceptable to support preemptive WAR, the whole ethical compass gets skewed.... "We had evidence that you were planning on stealing our car, aj, so we decided to prempt you and steal yours first."

Attn females: DO NOT EVER NEVER EVER live alone on the first floor. I don't care how cute the apartment is....Don't do it.

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:28 am
by aj
nope, definately stolen. first thing we did was call to see if it was towed, as it was towed for no reason once before. and then broken into after it was towed.

but it was recovered last night. pretty much stripped.

the worst part, in my opinion, they took my tackle box and 3 fishing poles that I kept meaning to make room for in my closet. I have had a tackle box since I was 2 years old. aside from my computer, my tackle box was by far my most expensive posession (the car wasn't even mine-- I take care of it for a friend and insurance or money can replace a car). not to mention that it rises far above my computer in personal value. I can't replace all my favorite lures because the company that made them has begun to make cheaper, crappier versions of their products and has completely discontinued many of their colors and patterns.

grrr... my first time without a tackle box.

ah well. life goes on.

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:07 pm
by Betty Felon
that totally super sucks aj. ah, possessions. That stupid robber probably doesn't even realize what he has.

I hope his radio plays only the worst kind of muzak for the next two years.

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:07 pm
by meg
aj, I am super-sorry to hear about the 'jacking, but I would like to pause and say that I think it's extremely, extremely excellent that your most valuable possession is a tackle box. There's something about that fact that warms 95% of my heart, leaving the other 5% free to blacken the shade of "hunt down and kill."