iAshamed

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

iAshamed

Post by Betty Felon »

http://www.ipodlaughs.com/ipod/iashamed/

Confess the embarassing songs on your iPod (or on your computer or in your cd library) that you should have deleted long ago. Put them here in this thread and/or submit to the above website.

I'll start: I actually own the 8 song cd single release of "I'm too Sexy" by Right Said Fred. It not only includes several remixes, but the song sung in different languages.
c-dog

Post by c-dog »

I am the proud owner of John Mellencamp's first 3 cds - and yes I did say PROUD owner and you know what... it hurts so good...
Squid

Post by Squid »

Hmm, it's one album later, but i thought the Lonesome Jubilee tour was one of the best shows I ever saw. (Of course, a lot of that had to do with Lisa Germano on fiddle, at least for me.)

I'm trying to think of the cds buried amongst the cool, acceptable stuff in my car that have made people freak out:

The Judds.

Steve Miller.

bagpipe music.

George Michael, Unplugged. (The title alone invokes a whole spectrum of imagery.)
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

I'm really embarrassed about nothing I own, although I did inherit two other people's collections of vinyl that include some records I don't actually like that much (some Hooters I really should listen to to see if it's worth keeping, some Woodentops knockoff bands), and a few things bought en masse at auctions from out-of-work DJs (includes two or three John Mellencamp albums, who I admire as a musician but don't actually like all that much, The Doobie Brothers and the Eddie and the Cruisers soundtrack).

What I have been doing over the past few years is really plumbing the depths of a category in the record stacks I personally think of as "the silly records" -- I started throwing odd discs there that I wasn't ready to throw away because I thought I might use them for samples or something back in the early 1990s. This is in CDs and LPs (The Amazing Delores is one for the CDs, an autographed copy of Bobby Vinton's Greatest Hits is one on vinyl). The thing is, some of these oddball records are really quite enjoyable, once you listen to them free of the frou-frou of genre, style and relative hipness.

Bagpipe music? No shame in that! No shame at all!
Squid

Post by Squid »

grant wrote:Bagpipe music? No shame in that! No shame at all!

I agree with you...but I have a very good friend from Linlithgow who stares at me like I'm a nutcase when I bring up how much I love it.

Such scoldings have had a chilling effect, I can't lie...
Harvey Winters
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Harvey Winters »

Rick Springfield's greatest hits...