Tonight's SNL.

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Squid

Tonight's SNL.

Post by Squid »

I never watch SNL anymore, but I might tonight, coz I'm thinking Eminem is going to CLOWN THE PANTS off of Ashlee Simpson tonight. He already detests britney and cristina, but now he's REALLY got fuel for his pop princess fire.

Hmmm...
(additional reason to watch: kate winslet rocks)
the new girl

Post by the new girl »

I have it on in the background (while studying on a Sat night...nerd!) and the opening w/ Kate Winslett does a nice job of addressing the fiasco last week. :) Haven't seen eminem yet though.
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

So how did it go?
Squid

Post by Squid »

Well boy, did I get it wrong!

Eminem played it totally straight, but the SNL writers were surprisingly relentless. Actually, I take that back. The sketches/writing are so weak these days that Ashleegate was probably like manna from heaven, materialwise. (I base this on the memory of the Sinead O'Connor "Rippin' On The Pope!" incident, where there was only a single reference, albeit an entire sketch, dedicated to the event.)

Ashlee "mention" tally:
1) Opening sketch featuring Osama bin Laden. Can't remember the joke.
2) Kate Winslet opening monologue was her doing a song and dance routine to "Pick Myself Up..." to prove that she was "live"!*
3) A SNL nightly news report featuring the responses of different pop icons.
4) ALSO in the nightly news, (and the funniest of all the jabs): "Elton John" singing song about Asley Simpson to the tune of the chorus of "Tiny Dancer":

"Ashley Simpson, you're a phony
Acid Reflux is baloney..."

*Like my boyfriend doesn't have enough fantasies about her. And there she is..._TAPDANCING_. sheez.