Nanowrimo

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

L u c y
Current Heading: South

Postby L u c y » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:12 pm

just be careful not to get taken down by the bitch that is carpal tunnel syndrome...shes stalking all you heinous typers.

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:55 am

I didn't get any writing done yesterday. Though I did figure out that to stay on track, I need to write 20 pages by the end of sunday. yipes. I should call in sick to work.

anthropomorphizing_kitty

Postby anthropomorphizing_kitty » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:58 am

LoveSickJerk wrote:I didn't get any writing done yesterday. Though I did figure out that to stay on track, I need to write 20 pages by the end of sunday. yipes. I should call in sick to work.

How many pages do you have so far? Font? Font size? Single or double space?

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:05 am

I've got 1.3 pages so far, single spaced, times new roman, font size 12. If I can do math correctly, that is about 573 words per page. Which means I really only need 87 pages...Which means I merely need to average 3.3 pages every day for the next 27 days, making the weekend count 16 pages needed to stay on track. That's a lot better than 20. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to pump out six.

anthropomorphizing_kitty

Postby anthropomorphizing_kitty » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:10 am

I'm planning on averaging 1850 w/p/d. Yesterday I imagined 1900 and I'm at the bottom of my third page. So yeah, about 3 pages a day seems correct.

Have you checked out the Procrastination thread over there? Oh man there's some distracting stuff on there.

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:20 am

I haven't had a chance. I only have the net at work. I'll probably check it out on my break.

anthropomorphizing_kitty

Postby anthropomorphizing_kitty » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:47 am

Haha, I have no idea why that says I "imagined 1900" above but I suppose it's true enough. I think I meant to say "managed".

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:35 pm

anthropomorphizing_kitty wrote:If anyone has any disciplinary tactics to share, I'd be glad to hear.

for one, don't start reading procrastination threads

for two, don't spend too much time on this board (your avatar is confusingly much like LSJ's this month), but if you are not on track feel free to own up so we can give you a proper scolding. Did I say scolding, I meant encouragement. By the way, your 'mistake' I took for poetic phrasing, so you are obviously in the right frame of mind.

for three, you are crazy. crazy.

I admire you all, writers of more than 100 words.

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:10 am

On the NaNoWriMo site, they have avatars you can download. And they're soooooo cute! There's a bird and a squirrel with a viking hat of similar design.

Word count reached 1600 yesterday. I'm so slow!

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:35 am

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

Who is now officially a novelist?

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:28 pm

It sure as shit isn't me. I never made it past 4200. Although I WILL finish this piece! Damnit! Once I don't have to worry about holiday baskets!

Moni

Postby Moni » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:37 am

LoveSickJerk wrote:It sure as shit isn't me. I never made it past 4200. Although I WILL finish this piece! Damnit! Once I don't have to worry about holiday baskets!

Well you got 186 more words than me (but you never posted an excerpt anywhere! I'd like to complain!)...
So my... thingy will also remain a solipsistic effort (like the many unfinished sketches in the work of Franz Schubert), aborted due to the lack of... inspiration? time? muffins?

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:39 am

Liz wrote:Well you got 186 more words than me (but you never posted an excerpt anywhere! I'd like to complain!)...

I'll complain too! If I had a internet connection at home I guarantee I'd have more words and excerpts posted. Tells ya what, maybe I'll post some trash up on my LJ, or if you're REAL good you could PM me with an email address and I'll send it out ASAP! I think you'll find that the real reason I stopped is because I wrote myself into an inactive corner. No one likes reading notes, and even less people like main characters serving as narrators reading notes. Or at least I wasn't good enough to make it exciting.

Moni

Postby Moni » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:28 am

LoveSickJerk wrote:I wrote myself into an inactive corner.

make that two...

Return to “Cattywampus”