Best Season

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

What is the best season?

Winter
4%
Spring
30%
Summer
13%
Fall
39%
Rainy
13%

Total votes: 23

Betty Felon

Best Season

Post by Betty Felon »

What is the best season? Please justify your answer.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

I'm gonna choose fall. It's beautiful out, the air is crisp, the clothes are flattering, the shows are plentiful, and also apple cider with rum.

and pumpkin ice cream.
L u c y
Current Heading: South

Post by L u c y »

spring-everything is fresh. the sun is out most of the time, but then there are occasions to whip out your stylish rain boots too. it's warm, but not so much so that it's uncomfortable, and it's cooler at night so you can bring out the light sweaters. i find it to be the most brightly colored (i can't say colorful because i live in New England and fall takes the cake in that dep.) and uplifting month...plus it has claims on my birthday.
ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by ChadyzGroove »

i love all seasons
c-dog

Post by c-dog »

Fall because it is the only season with 2 names. Autumn. Fall. The chance to put sweaters on again. Tailgating. The crunch of dried leaves under your feet. The smell in the air right before the first snowfall. Anything pumpkin flavored. Einstein Bros. Autumn Harvest Coffee - wtih a hint of chestnut. The scent of ripe concord grapes on the vine while you are driving with your windows down.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

i voted summer. most everyone is out of school, there's a lack of rain (not that i'm against rain - i live in seattle), the nights are warm (oh how i love warm summer nights), you can drink lemonade every day, ice cream every night, and go to the beach in between. music sounds better with the windows open, and i love the feel of sunshine on my cheeks as i stroll down the ave. summer is summer. nothing compares, though i like spring a lot.
dchris

Post by dchris »

I don't really experience your traditional seasons.

My favorite day of the year is the first warm day of Spring. I love those few weeks when you can go outside and feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. Those weeks when winter's officially gone, but before the humid pre-summer rainy season. After that it's just another OMGSOHOTHUMID gross Florida summer until fall, when it's OMGHURRICANESWILLKILLUSALL gross Florida. Then it's OMGWHERETHEFUCKISWINTERALREADY nasty humid gross Florida again (aka right now).

So yes. Early spring, because I love sunny days and warm weather enough to still genuinely love this state after it's done me wrong time and time again.
BladeRunner

Post by BladeRunner »

I'm torn between Fall and Rainy. I like my rain, dammit!
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

I love the summer, I am addicted to campfires, just to play guitar until the sun comes up. I hate holland for giving us another rainy summer. I feel happier in the sun and people look better. Sailing is more fun in the sun, everything is better in the sun.

needless to say, I suffer from Winter depressions... :(
LoveSickJerk

Post by LoveSickJerk »

this poll expired too quickly. I would have voted for Fall and Winter. I love those two seasons!
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

expired? I don't remember putting an expiration date in there. huh? Can I edit it? Can a magical moderator?
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

Rainy.

The monsoons bring life, and the rain itself smells of new beginnings. I like breathing in air that you can feel going in, as if you have returned to the womb and are floating in an endless warm ocean.
LoveSickJerk

Post by LoveSickJerk »

Nope, I'm just a moron. don't worry about that expiration thing. I voted for fall
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

I voted spring, because there is nothing like nature starting up again after a long pause, at first there is a haze of fresh green and then there is the transition to fully leafed trees, and the days get longer and longer and the sun stronger and stronger. I also love summer because it's warm, but spring has an edge because it follows winter.

I am glad we have seasons though. My aunt has been living in California for over 35 years now, but still misses 'em.
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

Yeah, I'm totally for spring. I love when everything starts to grow again, and I love waking up in the morning to see a wet garden of green foilage and day-old flowers. Plus, I like spring for the same reason I like Friday, you have a lot of nice times ahead of you.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Spring appears to be in the lead. Personally, I can't be swayed. I much prefer going to sleep to waking up, on a daily basis and on an annual basis. FALL!
Squid

Post by Squid »

Winter!

(Spoken like a true Californian, who only has to experience one should she choose to.)
Fi

Post by Fi »

Fall. But it's Autumn in these parts. A fine season, with nice transitions..the benefits of post-summer well-being, then pre-winter clothes and many good things in between. mmm. poifict.
LoveSickJerk

Post by LoveSickJerk »

Squid wrote:Winter!

(Spoken like a true Californian, who only has to experience one should she choose to.)

A friend of mine was originally from California and moved to Buffalo to be with his girl (He now lives in the FLA and they've seperated, and my boys and I have lost track of him). He hated every single second of his life here. He was oft seen complaining: "I want to go back to California where its sunny all the time and when I want snow I go get it, it doesn't get me." He was quite possibly the coolest man I've ever known.
Harvey Winters

Post by Harvey Winters »

Who doesn't love colored leaves?
'Specially the ones you DON'T hafta rake...[/b]