BOYCOTT THE LONG WINTERS !!!

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

bubbamo

BOYCOTT THE LONG WINTERS !!!

Postby bubbamo » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:50 pm

Hah!! Thought I'd get your attention with that subject title !!!
It's just that I'm afraid had I titled my subject "Merry Christmas" it might
not get read ( I'm very insecure) :( ( I'm also a *#@$&* geek )
So anyway, much love and tranquility to you all this Christmas & into
2005 !!!!!!!

y los fanaticos de los long winters son los mejores en todo el mundo!!
y este pinche j rod el es un cabron malo con sus lentes de un chingon!!
y este bajodero eric el es un big ol pimp daddy !!!!!![/b][/url][/quote][/code]

Jeroen

Postby Jeroen » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:42 am

haha, thank you and Merry Christmas to you too!!!

what´s all the spanish mumbo-jumbo about?

(how long do I have to wait before I can start ranring about the commercialization of christmas?

Like_a_zero

merry christmas

Postby Like_a_zero » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:52 am

i feel its still a bit early for merry Christmas but i'm in a good mood right now as i've just given in my last peice of work before the holiday (however crap that work was).

The spanish stuff from what i gather says that
"long winters fans are the best in the world.."

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:14 am

I'd like to wish folks a non-denominational blessing: Have a great winter, sickness free! Somehow, John's song seems to be sexier. But don't worry, Holidays with all of you are the best!

Robots r 1337

Postby Robots r 1337 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:19 am

thanks alot, but i don't know how i can have a merry christmas after dimebag darryl's assassination, at least i have robots...
just kidding i didnt like him, but i guess i have to say good things cause hes dead.
i loved him
he had a beutiful voice
this is a tragedy

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:13 am

Robots r 1337 wrote:thanks alot, but i don't know how i can have a merry christmas after dimebag darryl's assassination, at least i have robots...
just kidding i didnt like him, but i guess i have to say good things cause hes dead.
i loved him
he had a beutiful voice
this is a tragedy

i personally am not a big metal fan, i like some and do own a pantera cd that i enjoy. but no matter how you look at this whether you liked him/them or not, it is still an awful tradgedy. to think that someone was able to walk into a venue w/a gun and then walk up to the stage and then walk up to a band member w/apparently no one taking notice is frightening. (if you do not know details that is what happened. this guy walked right up to darryl on stage and shot him in the head) i find the whole thing shocking and sad.

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Postby NatureBoy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:09 pm

Shocking and sad to be sure.

Could you imagine being at that show? Could you ever enjoy another show fully again after that?

The thought of it makes me nauseous.

bubbamo

Postby bubbamo » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:31 pm

a truly sad situation indeed !! All the spanish " mumbo jumbo"
how J Rod is a bad ass with all his cool glasses and how Eric is an
"all around cool guy" also just saying that El Dub's fans are the best!!
"'I'm just sayin, I'm just sayin "[/quote]

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:25 pm

NatureBoy wrote:Shocking and sad to be sure.

Could you imagine being at that show? Could you ever enjoy another show fully again after that?

The thought of it makes me nauseous.

i was thinking last night what it must have been like for darryl. one minute he was playing on stage and the next...he was dead. i personally am not too concerned about this at shows. i never have been and i doubt it will cross my mind at any future ones. i do know that on the metal board i'm on many of the members have said this type of thing has crossed their mind at their shows. not to stereotype but that type of music does have a more violent nature to it. indie rock....not so much.

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Postby NatureBoy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:09 pm

Oh, totally.

I'm not saying it's at the front of my mind either. My comment was in reference to anyone who was at that particular show. If you were there, I don't know how you could get over it.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:12 pm

A Brutaful Smile wrote:i personally am not a big metal fan...but no matter how you look at this whether you liked him/them or not, it is still an awful tradgedy.

Finally, someone who understands me. I've tried expressing this sentiment on another message baord or two, and all I get in return is shit like "big deal, he sucks, no one will miss him, and he's not worth calling a legend just because he's dead."

My thoughts on his music are irrelevant. He was very influencial to a genre of music, and to a great many people who followed that style of music. His influences will be heard in metal music for years to come, and he will live in the hearts and minds of those who did like his music. Therefore, I think he is/was a modern legend of our time, which (if possible) it makes it even more tragic. Tenfold so that it was during a concert, in front of hundreds and hundreds of people who love him.

dchris

Postby dchris » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:46 pm

The man was <i>murdered</i> while performing in front of a couple hundred fans and in front of his <i>brother</i>. People who went out to see a rock show that night instead saw four people get killed.

sour29, you're right on. I don't care who thinks they're too cool for metal or whatever, this is outrageous. Pantera was a pivotal band, even if we're too hip to acknowledge it now.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:32 pm

NatureBoy wrote:Oh, totally.

I'm not saying it's at the front of my mind either. My comment was in reference to anyone who was at that particular show. If you were there, I don't know how you could get over it.

on the metal board there is a link to phone calls from the show to 911. it gave me goosebumps. i clicked on it not even knowing what it was and it was very surreal to listen to. because this wasn't a joke, or a tv show, it was real.
someone on that board lifted comments from a nother board and there was a guy who was at that show who saw it all happen and was even hit w/blood. i can't even imagine.

Karousme

Postby Karousme » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:14 am

I'm just here for the protest...

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:07 pm

we in seattle do love a good protest. well, not even a good one, just one in general. give us something to protest and we are all over it.

Jeroen

Postby Jeroen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:35 pm

I heard that the man shooting said that Pantera never should have broken up... So I guess that is a warning for the long winters...

just kidding off course, but honestly... you guys can never break up....

ChadyzGroove

Postby ChadyzGroove » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:36 am

merry cell phone commercial

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:32 pm

hey Chady, am I rambling or did you relocate recently?

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:52 pm

Jeroen wrote:I heard that the man shooting said that Pantera never should have broken up... So I guess that is a warning for the long winters...

just kidding off course, but honestly... you guys can never break up....

it was mentioned that the guy said something about how pantera broke up. funny thing is, which has been commented on a couple times, is that if ya kill members of the band it makes it very hard for a reunion to ever happen.

i've wondered if other bands are all freaked out now about if they ever break up because who knows if a hardcore fan will hunt you down and kill you because you broke up their favorite band.

ChadyzGroove

Postby ChadyzGroove » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:13 pm

Liesbeth wrote:hey Chady, am I rambling or did you relocate recently?
i may have changed my location from st. louis,mo to swansea on the boards, but i am in the same place.

Return to “Cattywampus”