So long and thanks for all the fish

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Squid

Post by Squid »

negative? nw heather just gave me my first happy thought on a Friday....

Alan Rickman. (swoon)

Sometimes a bitter girl just needs to be reminded of the gentlemen in this world to make it all better. Righteous!
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

Pretty sure he's talking about the fact that I don't like Woody Allen. *shrug* Sorry, I guess.
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

I saw it, and I enjoyed it. It's always hard seeing a favorite book turned into a movie, but I surrendered all expectations and just enjoyed it. I found myself laughing at bits that nobody else did. I distinctly remember this happening once before: at the Brady Bunch Movie.

There were moments that strayed from the book, but it all was good with me I'm not going to be an asshole about it; I think that's one of the good things you can do with books -- step back, turn them into movies, but improve upon them.

Other thoughts?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Karousme wrote: I distinctly remember this happening once before: at the Brady Bunch Movie.

that made me laugh!

i saw it, but seeing as how i've not read the book, i won't dissect it. but i did enjoy it more than i expected to. maybe i'd say this of any movie seen at the cinerama, though...cool theatre.
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

FINALLY, I saw this blasted film last night! It was a good time! There were times when we were laughing in the theatre when no one else was. I am very glad I read the book before seeing the film. I want to see the sequel(s) if there is one (or 4).
L u c y
Current Heading: South

Post by L u c y »

I saw it too and laughed alone...what's up with that?
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

I think there are two kinds of people who go to see the movie: The first kind are the people who laugh alone for the following possible reasons:

1-they've read the book and get the jokes
2-they like british humour
3-they like sci-fi and get the jokes

The other kind is everybody else, the peopel who just went to see a cool movie. And they obviously don't know what they're missing.
L u c y
Current Heading: South

Post by L u c y »

so sad
sattiva

pov of a projectionist

Post by sattiva »

I had the joy of splicing and plattering hitchhickers guide last week. I usualy end up stuck to the lil' window like a fly paper victim catching the movie in 10 minute spurts 3 to 4 times a day, and if Im not sick of it yet thats a very good sign. But dont forget about kung fu hussle, cuz everybody needs the beast to unlock their chei flow, And who can resist axe toteing zuitsuits in a sycronized shuffle.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

I finally read part 5 of the trilogy and I'm now ready to see the movie. sad thing though that I have to wait till august in Holland... Didn't like the picture of Marvin though, but 'll get over it.

"I apologize for the inconvenience"
matthewsturm

Post by matthewsturm »

I saw it and thought it was great. Like several of you, my friends and I were the only ones laughing in the theater. I think the other people in the theater were hoping for this to be their own personal "Men In Black 3".

-matthew van helsing