oh oh it's magic! you knoo-o-ow! [an introduction thread]

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

icapants

oh oh it's magic! you knoo-o-ow! [an introduction thread]

Postby icapants » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:05 pm

Hello! My name is Ica [pronounced ick-uh]. I hail from the Pacific Northwest Region, township of Seattle. I've known about this wonderful band for quite some time, but it's only recently that my love has developed enough that I feel the need to join interweb discussions regarding them.

Please be gentle with me.

dchris

Re: oh oh it's magic! you knoo-o-ow! [an introduction thread

Postby dchris » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:27 pm

Yay! Ica's here.

nwheather

Postby nwheather » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:32 pm

Even though I've been here awhile, I still feel like something of a newbie. Nice to know you; see you around.

Do we really have to be gentle, though? *pout*

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:10 pm

we're notoriously rough on newbies from Seattle, serves them right for living there.
c'mon Heather, you're not new anymore, you're part of the furniture now - comfy armchair, overfilled bookcase, take your pick

icapants

Postby icapants » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:04 pm

Liesbeth wrote:we're notoriously rough on newbies from Seattle, serves them right for living there.

well, I guess that makes sense... don't be <b>too rough</b> on me then? maybe? if you are.. well.. i'll cry. ask around, i'll do it!
there should (i hope) be enough kids here who already know/love me that i shall make it through anything you may throw my way!

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:05 pm

I wouldn't really call Ica a newbie, she is a regular on the Barsuk board. Welcome to The Long Winters' Elec-Tronic Salon and Discussion Table Ica!

icapants

Postby icapants » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:17 pm

Unremarkable wrote:I wouldn't really call Ica a newbie, she is a regular on the Barsuk board. Welcome to The Long Winters' Elec-Tronic Salon and Discussion Table Ica!

Thanks unremarkable! Though, for this purpose, I really am a newbie! I mean, my measly 2 posts vs. your 950? Cripes boy, what do you write about all the time?

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:52 am

No one ever really knows.

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:40 am

I know, but I ain't telling!

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:18 am

hey, are you guys in competition who makes 1000 first? (or rather, third ;)

as for rough, I think you stood the test, Ica, this was nasty enough - I'm a hippy really. I do of course expect full reports on any LW related activities you attend. Like, did you go to the Chop Suey gig? Because the reports we got so far can only lead me to conclude it was so good that everyone's speachless. And here I am, 6000 miles away, and aching to see them. There, you see, now I'm the one who's nearly crying.

icapants

Postby icapants » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:41 am

Ah, apologies and do not cry dear! Soon (or perhaps eventually) they will be in your neck of the woods as well! True, they may live hear, but how often have they played here recently? Hmm? HMM? I will admit (against my better judgment) that it was my first full band experience seeing TLW. (It being Chop Suey the other night.) I had a wonderful time and the set list was exceptional.

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:59 am

Liesbeth wrote:hey, are you guys in competition who makes 1000 first? (or rather, third ;)

No, not really. If there was a competition, it'd be bewteen me and Bladerunner. He over took me on the HD board, but on this one, its like he didn't even show up to play.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:08 pm

icapants wrote:but how often have they played here recently? Hmm? HMM?

don't make me throw statistics at you, but if they played anywhere at all, it was in Seattle every time - SXSW asides. I shouldn't complain really though, I've seen them 9 times so far... in under 10 months.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:16 am

icapants wrote:Hello! My name is Ica [pronounced ick-uh]. I hail from the Pacific Northwest Region, township of Seattle. I've known about this wonderful band for quite some time, but it's only recently that my love has developed enough that I feel the need to join interweb discussions regarding them.

Please be gentle with me.

Hi ica! We've been waiting for some fresh brains.

This board is occasionally awesome. It's not only about a truly amazing band, it's also a community with nutty personalites, a mix swap, and a fantasy baseball team (that has a super lazy commishioner.) Also we like to read. books. Everyone is kind.

Except Heather.

BladeRunner

Postby BladeRunner » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm

LoveSickJerk wrote:No, not really. If there was a competition, it'd be bewteen me and Bladerunner. He over took me on the HD board, but on this one, its like he didn't even show up to play.

look, playing by the rules of another when the game was not offically announced, does not offfically count by the rules accords of the Amazing Person's Louge of Great Things.

Yarn

Postby Yarn » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:50 pm

This is the Long Winters message board??? Shoot! I thought I was posting on Maroon 5's!

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:56 am

BladeRunner wrote:
LoveSickJerk wrote:No, not really. If there was a competition, it'd be bewteen me and Bladerunner. He over took me on the HD board, but on this one, its like he didn't even show up to play.

look, playing by the rules of another when the game was not offically announced, does not offfically count by the rules accords of the Amazing Person's Louge of Great Things.

Stop pretending you didn't already know it was hypothetical!

Squid

Postby Squid » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:52 am

Betty Felon wrote:This board is occasionally awesome. It's not only about a truly amazing band, it's also a community with nutty personalites, a mix swap, and a fantasy baseball team (that has a super lazy commishioner.) Also we like to read. books. Everyone is kind.

Except Heather.

Look, I haven't done anything even remotely nutty for like, four days now.

Plus I figure the less dumb jokes I make, the more room there is to talk about Maroon 5, who, as you say, are a truly amazing band.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:56 am

sorry about the competition thing, guys, it was a stupid remark - and I wouldn't want to make things bad between ya.

so, Maroon 5. tell me about them. I mean, really, who are they?

Karousme

Postby Karousme » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:42 pm

Liesbeth wrote:so, Maroon 5. tell me about them. I mean, really, who are they?

Maroon 5 is a sexy band from the USA. They sound like Justin Timberlake backed by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Isn't that sexy?? I'm pretty sure their singer walks around with a 3/4 chub most of the day

Return to “Cattywampus”