Fall vs Autumn mix swap, the debate

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Fall vs Autumn mix swap, the debate

Post by Liesbeth »

So, if I'm European, but I'm on a message board with mostly Americans, should I then call for a Fall mix swap, or an Autumn mix swap?

Help me in my confusion, and while you're at it, don't hesitate to put your name down for participation in this mix swap, with a firm "(I know there's a new Long Winters record out soon, but it's only an ep, and I could do with MORE good music, so) yes, I'm in"

How does this work: I will pair everyone up in teams in about two weeks time (11 October would make a nice Ultimatum), and you will then sort out the details between yourselves. For kick-in-the-behind purposes: final deadline 21 December, when Fall and Autumn will be officially over in the northern hemisphere.

PLEASE: only join this if you are committed to coming back to this board and sort out the details in October - every mix swap so far has had orphans because not everyone followed up their initial enthusiasm with real action. (As extra service I will pm all participants when the pairing is done, so set your profile to warn you by e-mail that you have a personal message.)
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

The Autumn/Fall controversy is really non-existent. They're really interchangable. I prefer "Autumn", however.

With that said, I am down with this mix swap, and I am proud of my dedication! I've always shipped out! Lets go! Rap Music My Droogs!
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

I'm down.

And this time, deadlines will be met with vigor and enthusiasm.

Self-imposed penalty of one extra mix CD for every day past deadline I am.

Had that been the case on the last swap, I just may have had to send Lisebeth my entire music collection.
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

Yes count me in.

Fall and Autumn are very interchangable... good example:

When I Pretend to Autumn
sabirah

Post by sabirah »

I'm so down for the When I Pretend to Autumn mix swap!

I've so far participated in one and I was delighted beyond comprehension when I received a song I had been looking for but never thought I'd find!
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

What's being swapped albums? songs? via what?
sabirah

Post by sabirah »

You basically make a mixed tape to swap. But on a disc.

Wow, somehow I can't seem to pull myself into saying mixed cd. Mixed tape just sounds right. Hmm.

Anyway, you can do it to a theme or not. But basically fill up a cd with songs to send to the person you get paired up with and they will send you one also. It's a fabulous way to here new music...especially if the person is not from the same region you are.
sabirah

Post by sabirah »

oh yeah...and via mail
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

Awesome- Count me in.
KarissaEB

Post by KarissaEB »

How fun! They did this on the Keane forums too. I'll be in Basic Training in October, though... so I won't be able to see any PMs or anything like that until the middle-end of November. But if someone doesn't mind waiting, I'd be happy to share music with them :D

Karissa :)
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

USAF?

What do you think you'll wind up doing for them?

Where are you stationed?

And did you know that basic training as we know it was invented during the Revolutionary War by General "Mad" Anthony Paine?
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

I am always in. This time I'll make it a point to send mine out on time :)
KarissaEB

Post by KarissaEB »

grant wrote:USAF?

What do you think you'll wind up doing for them?

Where are you stationed?

And did you know that basic training as we know it was invented during the Revolutionary War by General "Mad" Anthony Paine?

Yep, Air Force! I'll be a diet therapist, and then crosstrain into diagnostic imaging. I'm not stationed anywhere yet (that happens after basic training) - my dad's currently stationed at Scott AFB in IL, so that's where we are now. I'll be at Lackland for basic training, and then at Sheppard and Lackland for tech school, and then I can go wherever I want (there's a place for my job at EVERY single base there is). I'm going to try for New Jersey. :D

No, I didn't know that - interesting! Now I'll be even MORE ahead of the game at BMT :D
Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Post by Jeannette311 »

I love doing this stuff. I'm totally in!
zach

Post by zach »

I went out on a limb (against my best judgement and previous experience) to join in the last LW mix swap, only to get skimped again, but if I could be guaranteed a productive partner, I'd be in!
Jeannette311

Post by Jeannette311 »

zach wrote:I went out on a limb (against my best judgement and previous experience) to join in the last LW mix swap, only to get skimped again, but if I could be guaranteed a productive partner, I'd be in!

Well, if anyone is skimped this year I can send them out a copy of whatever I make..... Or else I can be your partner. I'm reliable!
zach

Post by zach »

Sweet action.
sabirah

Post by sabirah »

Me too...I guarantee lots of extras!
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

All I guarantee is awesomeness and music. Perhaps one of a kind liner notes too!
Jeannette311

Post by Jeannette311 »

I can draw a stick figure on the CD, if I feel so inclined. I am the MASTER at stick figures. *nods*