20,000 posts!

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

zach

20,000 posts!

Postby zach » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:19 am

This post marks the 20,000th on this board! That's pretty awesome, and quite the milestone, I'd say. What an honor to be able to steal this moment! Congratulations everyone.

Now the Long Winters can make it big. They have a forum with 20,000 posts!

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:29 am

couldn't resist it, and googling for pics and '20000' gets this:
which was to celebrate 20,000 hits on www.poopreport.com.

I haven't got time to investigate further into this website.

Hurrah for us.

nwheather

Re: 20,000 posts!

Postby nwheather » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:13 pm

zach wrote:...Now the Long Winters can make it big. They have a forum with 20,000 posts!

Yes, but how many posts are actually about the band, as opposed to various animals and/or their respective ass-kicking abilities?

Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Postby Jeannette311 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:47 pm

nwheather wrote:
zach wrote:...Now the Long Winters can make it big. They have a forum with 20,000 posts!

Yes, but how many posts are actually about the band, as opposed to various animals and/or their respective ass-kicking abilities?

Four.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:39 am

Jeannette311 wrote:Yes, but how many posts are actually about the band, as opposed to various animals and/or their respective ass-kicking abilities?

but those are about the band, as well. not sure yet who's the snake, who's the gator, who's the mountain lion and who dreams of being a polar bear (well, the latter is clear), but believe me, things get nasty in any band

Jeannette311

Postby Jeannette311 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:46 pm

I didn't write that! I was misquoted! ROTFL!

Yarn

Postby Yarn » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:17 pm

They don't clean the floors here, Jeannette, so you should probably get up!

Jeannette311

Postby Jeannette311 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:41 pm

Ew.

;D

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:26 am

Jeannette311 wrote:Four.

And they're all in the Treehouse.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:59 am

oops, sorry Jeannette, and Heather too.
use me to clean the floor with, I deserve it.

Jeannette311

Postby Jeannette311 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:17 am

You know what? I'll just let you use one of those new Swiffer things. They look cool.

BladeRunner

Postby BladeRunner » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:52 am

swiffer only works on hard-wood floors.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:34 am

I would like to think the Elec-tronic Salon has velvety carpet, a dark shade of red, and big easy chairs, and mahogany tables. In fact, you may realise that I'm picturing an old-fashioned English members-only club. You know, where servants know your favourite drink - they do NOT serve modern mix drinks, or any humbug like that - and will serve a wickedly scrumptious High Tea.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:45 pm

Liesbeth is absolutely correct. You will not find any "mojitos" served in the LW's salon bar. Perhaps you should try Coyote Ugly, which we're sure is in the phone book. In the meanwhile, would you care for a hand-rolled cigar?

The earlier reference to the floors not being "clean" must have been an allusion to the Long Winters Salon Laboratory Facility, where members often perform experiments and where, to the casual observer, it may seem that disorder is the rule. Rest assured that whatever disarray you may apprehend upon the lab floor is in the name of science.

Normally, as President Emeritus, I would not concern myself directly with matters of decorum, or in guiding new members around the grounds of the estate, but as our normal staff has the further distinction of being in their own right scientists and writers of many and varied interests, their other pursuits often require that their full attention be diverted elsewhere and during these trying times I'm all too happy to come down from the Tower of Doom and lend my considerable expertise.

On that note, I must also take pains to remind that, as this is a club of some distinction, I'm afraid that there can be no Laughing Out Loud, and particularly no Rolling On The Floor Laughing within the salon. These behaviors, and other exuberant outbursts including lascivious winking, smiling and gasping, whilst expressing an admirable and much appreciated enthusiasm, could prove to unsettle any older members recently returned from Polar expeditions, and for that reason are perhaps better suited for the Long Winters Outdoor Recreation Facility, which is under construction.

Thank you for your prompt attention to these matters.

Sincerely yours,
Brig. (Ret.) John Morgan Roderick

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:13 pm

*slight smirk*

Jeannette311

Postby Jeannette311 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:17 pm

*expressionless*

I will do my best to be Laughing Out Loud-less, Rolling On The Floor-less and such.

BTW Swiffers also work on lineoleum as well as the floors in the gym in which I work.

But, if a plush carpet is what we have, then I will lend anyone my Kirby, but please don't kill it or I'll be silently angry.

Now I am walking silently, calmly, SLOOOOWWWWLLLY out of the thread.

Yarn

Postby Yarn » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:19 pm

Liesbeth wrote:You know, where servants know your favourite drink -

The kind of place where . . . everybody knows your name? I wanna go there.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:58 pm

John wrote:I'm afraid that there can be no Laughing Out Loud, and particularly no Rolling On The Floor Laughing within the salon. These behaviors, and other exuberant outbursts including lascivious winking, smiling and gasping, whilst expressing an admirable and much appreciated enthusiasm, could prove to unsettle any older members recently returned from Polar expeditions, and for that reason are perhaps better suited for the Long Winters Outdoor Recreation Facility, which is under construction.

:p

nwheather

Postby nwheather » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:54 pm

Morgan?

*tiptoes out to the as-yet-unfinished Long Winters Outdoor Recreation Facility for a good ROTFLMAO*

ohiofan

Postby ohiofan » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:37 pm

John wrote:On that note, I must also take pains to remind that, as this is a club of some distinction, I'm afraid that there can be no Laughing Out Loud, and particularly no Rolling On The Floor Laughing within the salon. These behaviors, and other exuberant outbursts including lascivious winking, smiling and gasping, whilst expressing an admirable and much appreciated enthusiasm, could prove to unsettle any older members recently returned from Polar expeditions, and for that reason are perhaps better suited for the Long Winters Outdoor Recreation Facility, which is under construction.

Oh, pooh! And I was looking for some excitement. Let me know when the beer tent opens.

Return to “Cattywampus”