Hey baby, what's your sign?

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

What do you think of Astrology?

Astrology is true and should be taken seriously.
8%
Astrology is stupid, but I like it anyway.
40%
I about 50% believe.
20%
I don't care.
8%
Astrology is ridiculous.
12%
Ridiculous AND ANNOYING.
12%

Total votes: 25

Betty Felon

Hey baby, what's your sign?

Post by Betty Felon »

So what do you think of Astrology?

I'll confess I get way psyched when the latest Rob Brezny email appears in my inbox. There's a part of me that knows its silly silly stuff, but there is also a part of me that remains transfixed. Either way, I like it and at the very least it gives me a moment of reflection on human character qualities. Maybe part of the attraction is that it's a very benign spirituality.

Anyway, I'm a pisces. I supposed to be an emotional dreamer who lives in my own little world....and that's pretty right on.

So what do you think? And what's your sign? baby. *wink*
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

if i've read all of the newspaper and still have a few minutes to kill at lunch or something, i'll read it there, and be pleased if it says good things for leo. though with my birthday falling on the last day of the leo span, can i really take much stock in it?
Squid

Post by Squid »

dude. no wonder we get along. pisces! woot!
aj

Post by aj »

leo.

a friend sent me an email with a description of a leo person. the subject was "this is SO you"

I wasn't sure if I should be offended or flattered. I guess I'm a true leo.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

AJ! YOU ARE BACK! OKAERI! (Welcome home!)

We are so happy to see you again!

Let's get you up to date:

New band members
Tour with Keane
New EP
slew of noteable newbs
No You Are won Winterball
the mix swap has a new "intended" category
You should read the "I just made a song" thread because it's more full of amazing than any thread ever posted on this board

K, back to topic:

Remember when we were at the HopLeaf with some 40somethings and a 50something dressed like they were starring in "Caberet" and we met the hippee and the school teacher who mesmerized the whole table with his knowledge of Astrology? Yeah, thats what brought on this thread...
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

i wouldn't have used the word believe myself, but there's something in it. Not in the newspaper/magazine blurbs, but the full thing.

I'm gemini. I've played the song Gemini by Alan Parsons Project to death when I was 13. Mmm, I think I may have become too personal here.

(hey AJ, good to see you here again, as well)
c-dog

Re: Hey baby, what's your sign?

Post by c-dog »

Betty Felon wrote:I'll confess I get way psyched when the latest Rob Brezny email appears in my inbox. There's a part of me that knows its silly silly stuff, but there is also a part of me that remains transfixed.

I love that he calls it free will astrology though - it's kinda like he knows its silly and you have a choice- but he writes it anyway. Plus his are pretty much the greatest horoscopes I've ever read..

I'm a scorpio - who is supposed to be determined, intuitive, passionate, intense, stubborn - surprisingly on target.
Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Post by Jeannette311 »

Leo. Everything said about myself, friends and family have been exactly right. It's really weird.

I did my own star chart before and it was incredibly freaky. I can't help it; I love Astrology!
Laura Suzanne

Post by Laura Suzanne »

I too am Scorpio, and generally, it fits.
aj

Post by aj »

Betty Felon wrote:Remember when we were at the HopLeaf with some 40somethings and a 50something dressed like they were starring in "Caberet" and we met the hippee and the school teacher who mesmerized the whole table with his knowledge of Astrology? Yeah, thats what brought on this thread...

LOL!

Betty, I miss you SO MUCH!

I knew about the new ep early on. basically, whatever was on the home page I am all over. which means I need to check out this thread you speak of. and I don't know new band members.

I'm slowly but surely resurrecting my online self. that's right. coming back all brain-eatin' and shit.
aj

Post by aj »

great heavens! this should be a new topic, but since I'm sure there has already been one in my absence, BETTY!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SOX WORLD SERIES VICTORY!

You leave Chicago and this is what happens?! I wish I could say I went to the parade for you, but I was at work.

[ /public private message]

I promise to catch up and do a little research before I post any more messages.
zach

Post by zach »

I really buy into astrology the same way I buy into fortune cookies... tasty, fun, but not to be taken too seriously.

I'm a taurus, by the way. Which, I'd say, is more or less accurate of my personality.
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

zach wrote:I really buy into astrology the same way I buy into fortune cookies... tasty, fun, but not to be taken too seriously.

That is exactly the same way I take it too, for entertainment purposes only. I marked "ridiculous".

I'm an Aries by the way.

Note: I half expect someone to respond to my post saying "that's just something an Aries would say" Image
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

aj wrote:Betty, I miss you SO MUCH!

I knew about the new ep early on. basically, whatever was on the home page I am all over. which means I need to check out this thread you speak of. and I don't know new band members.

I'm slowly but surely resurrecting my online self. that's right. coming back all brain-eatin' and shit.

I miss you too! Come and visit!

And new band members are on the Bio page, which now reads like a pedigree. And man, is this band pedigreed.

I think you are a total Leo-- extroverts known for generosity. Ladies and Gentlement, AJ would give you her bus money if you wanted one last beer. And then she'd say, "Oh no really, it's only five miles. I totally love walking!"

And Christopher, darling, sadly you and I (or you and Squid) are not meant to be starcrossed lovers, Aries and Pisces don't mix.
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

Unremarkable wrote:
zach wrote:I really buy into astrology the same way I buy into fortune cookies... tasty, fun, but not to be taken too seriously.

That is exactly the same way I take it too, for entertainment purposes only. I marked "ridiculous".

I'm an Aries by the way.

That's where I'm at. Its a seductive and ambiguous art of writing. One more way (no matter how free will it is) of mind control for our culture's belief that we are more than cosmic dust.

Oh and, I'm a Cancer, in case you were wondering.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

LoveSickJerk wrote:
Unremarkable wrote:

I'm an Aries by the way.

That's where I'm at. Its a seductive and ambiguous art of writing. One more way (no matter how free will it is) of mind control for our culture's belief that we are more than cosmic dust.

Oh and, I'm a Cancer, in case you were wondering.

I never really thought of astrology as having an explaination of human purpose like organized religion does. But the human network is pretty darn complicated and related in ways I don't completely understand. Human love is a powerful acheivment for some dust.

Perhaps we are dust, but even dust has a mysterious quintessence, ne?
Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Moni »

Laura Suzanne wrote:I too am Scorpio

Is it too late or too early to wish you and c-dog a Happy Birthday then?...
Laura Suzanne

Post by Laura Suzanne »

Well, I'll tell you, my date of birth is 11.01.[81], but it is *never*
to late to wish me a happy birthday! =]

Thanks!
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

funny thing is, today it's neither too early or too late to wish Liz a happy birthday!
c-dog

Post by c-dog »

not too late - one more week to go...thanks!