Do we really need another reason to loathe Bush?

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

c-dog

Do we really need another reason to loathe Bush?

Post by c-dog »

I don't think so...but here is one anyways.

Gotta love W and Dirty Dick finding yet another way to expolit people in an effort to pad the pockets of themselves and their friends..

Image[/url]
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

For those who might miss the link, here's the headline and readout:

Gulf Coast slaves

Halliburton and its subcontractors hired hundreds of undocumented Latino workers to clean up after Katrina -- only to mistreat them and throw them out without pay.
c-dog

Post by c-dog »

Oh yeah - if you aren't a subscriber to Salon - you have to watch an advertisement before you can see their site...

Thanks Grant.
Squid

Post by Squid »

I was eighteen when Elvis Costello's Spike was released. I remember reading the lyrics to "Tramp the Dirt Down" and marvelling at his hatred of Margaret Thatcher. I couldn't comprehend feeling such rancor toward a political leader. Sadly, I can now.
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

Anyone read Al Franken's new book? You should.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

That's really sad.

Someone please retrieve the President from Japan, ok? I came here to get away from him, and now he's here, making meaningless soundbites about beef and whatnot.

Did anyone else think it was in incredibly poor taste to use 2/3's of his veteran's day speech to defend the war? He just doesn't understand people or the real point of important national events like Veteran's Day.

I felt pain and sadness for the people who fought in WWII or Vietnam, who had thier lives and person changed by witnessing horror in thier youth, who saw bombs explode and friends die, and who instead of being honored, found themselves being fed a commercial for an unnecessary war.

Swartzy's around here too....ew, they're like rats. When the ratings head south, they flee to the east.