the desert

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

the desert

Postby AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta » Thu May 15, 2003 1:14 am

in the desert it's so hot that even the animals that are used to it don't go out into the sun at all some days. just thought i'd mention that. it's from a movie, btw. an austrian one. thanks for the inspiration people in that other thread the name of which escapes my mind right now. but moni was there. and beth. and some other people.

:-)

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

ghamina

Postby ghamina » Thu May 15, 2003 7:39 am

I live in a landscaped desert. In 52 days I'll live next to the sea.

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Thu May 15, 2003 8:30 am

Just a small remark:

This is the coolest movie ever made. It actually won a prize at the Santa Barbara Film Festival (in 1994 I think).

And Ms. Pete, as you know, at least the weather in Europe is far more agreeable (and also in affluent suburbs of Atlanta), with the rain usually coming from Ireland.

cheers!

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

Postby AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta » Thu May 15, 2003 9:14 am

hm, ms. ballou (god, i haven't used that in a long time - i wonder how long it'll take us to confuse everybody here entirely... *g*). you must be very very homesickif you suddenly cosider your home rain agreeable. it's not that there are no agreeable liquids from this here emerald isle. whiskey, guinness, smithwick's/kilkenny, bailey's irish cream, sheridan's, bunratty poitin... but the rain? naw, can't agree with you on this really. and i think the award was from cannes, not from santa barbara. die wirtsleut san's alle trottel...

:-)

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

Return to “Cattywampus”