Pull The Curtains On The Day

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Squid

Pull The Curtains On The Day

Postby Squid » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:15 pm

A moment of silence please, to mark the demise of one of my favorite bands.

RIP Grandaddy.

Back in the old days, when life was a little different, I used to write about them a whole hell of a lot. They are my friends and my heroes.

I miss them already.

zach

Postby zach » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:14 pm

Awww... that's too bad. It makes me a little sad, too, but I look forward what comes of them all individually.

eric2

Postby eric2 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:12 pm

Grandaddy is/was my favorite band. On the bright side, the new (last) album will be out in a few months and Jason Lytle will keep making music. They made a lot of really good music in 12+ years.

theplacidcasual

Postby theplacidcasual » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:03 pm

to be honest - for me - its like they 'broke up' a long time ago ... sumday seemed like a last album - just the vibe i got from it ... after seeing them at a few shows for that album - it seemed to cement it ... all the guys seemed very raw and sorta far off ... (sure - thats every band on the road ... but this was different from shows id seen of theirs in the past) ... again - just some sorta vibe i seemed to pick up

i hafta admit ... the todd zilla ep wasnt what i was expecting (nothing ever is) and now i have no idea what the final album will be like ... but for me - its like all those tupac albums - there may be more music coming out - but its gonna be creepy to listen to it ... sumday will always be my idea of their last album ... right wrong or stupid - just how it is

why couldnt supergrass break up - theyve been churning out shite since in it for the money

Squid

Postby Squid » Mon May 08, 2006 11:23 am

since there's a bit of interest on this, just a heads up that lytle's doing a quickie acoustic jaunt. I just got a surprise cinco de mayo preview here in town last friday with Burtch on drums. It was awesome, they played for two hours and even then didn't seem to want to quit...

I'd suggest going if you're a fan -while it's a shame to hear things minus the band, the songs obviously hold up acoustic. Oh, and I'm fairly certain that burtch will be with him in TX, can't say on the other dates.

May 9 2006 7:00P
Good Records Dallas, TX
May 13 2006 6:00P
York Street Cafe Newport, KY
May 15 2006 1:00P
Acoustic Set Live by Jason on Cincinnati's WOXY Cincinnati, OH
May 17 2006 8:00P
Other Music New York, NY
May 19 2006 3:00P
Acoustic Set Live by Jason on Seattle's KEXP Seattle, WA
May 19 2006 7:00P
Easy Street (Queen Anne) Seattle, WA
May 20 2006 6:00P
Amoeba Records San Francisco, CA
May 21 2006 4:00P
The Beat Sacramento, CA

mildlyrestarted

Postby mildlyrestarted » Fri May 12, 2006 7:14 am

come say hi to me if you hit up that Easy Street in-store. i'll probably be working. :)

Squid

Postby Squid » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:05 am

A bit of an amusing story from last night's Jason Lytle show.

So I'm catching up with one of my pals and he mentions that there's a guy who's flown in from SEA sitting near him. And I swear to you, the first words out of my mouth were, "I wonder if that's eric2..." *cue blank look from friend* "erm, it's a guy from the Long Winters board...nevermind".

Fast fwd to the end of the night when I'm saying goodnight to everyone and in my rush, I go to hug the person next to me...who I don't know. Nice. Everyone laughs at me (nothing new) and Troy says, "Uh, Squid, this is Eric."

And Eric says, "Are you Squid from the Long Winters message board? You guys post like 5 times a day and I post twice a year!"

*giggle* So everyone, our goal is to get Eric2 to post more. Immediately.

(and very nice to meet you!)

eric2

Postby eric2 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:42 pm

Small world. I knew you looked familiar, I just couldn't put a name to the face. When you said Squid it all made sense. Nice meeting you!

The Jason Lytle shows were awesome and well worth the trip from Seattle. Nice to hang with people I only knew from message boards.

I'm now way over my yearly post average.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:18 pm

Stick around this time. It's nice to have regular posts from someone other than Spambots.

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:05 am

And from people who continue to respond to them ;P

semi_retarded

Postby semi_retarded » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:19 pm

I liked them recorded, but not live.
I think it hurt them a lot when they toured with Saves the Day.. definitely not their crowd.

Return to “Cattywampus”