Seattle: What the hell are you thinking?

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:44 pm

galleta wrote:Thank you, guys.

Lol. Everyone is just messing with you galleta.

The US is perfectly safe. These crimes are so rare. It's like when Americans visit Spain and everyone warns us, there are pickpockets everywhere and violent gypsies all over Spain, etc. And terrorists int he south up until recently, right?

My homestay Spaniard a few years ago told me stories of being mugged in Oviedo. And yet, you seem to feel its totally safe, ne? That's because it is, but there are a few jerks everywhere.

Squid

Postby Squid » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:13 pm

Hey! I wasn't messing with her! :) I just found it topical is all.

But Betty's right, Galleta, you're not going to land in the middle of some warzone rife with pickpockets and murderers. In fact, the only time I was ever on the receiving end of anything that could remotely be construed as violence was not here in the US, but in New Zealand, of all places. (And I still love it there and would live there if I could.)

galleta

Postby galleta » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:30 am

mmmh... ok. I'm coming.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:14 pm

AWITN tour manager/driver comments: "They had a knife drawn and demanded equipment, then the other guy sucker-punched me. As they ran away they were shouting, 'Welcome to Seattle, Motherfuckers!'"

kinda sounds like dchris' first trip to Seattle.

dchris

Postby dchris » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:56 pm

Unremarkable wrote:
AWITN tour manager/driver comments: "They had a knife drawn and demanded equipment, then the other guy sucker-punched me. As they ran away they were shouting, 'Welcome to Seattle, Motherfuckers!'"

Minus the knife and stolen instruments, thank jeezus.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:33 am

dchris wrote:
Unremarkable wrote:

Does this mean that someone sucker-punched you and said "Welcome to Seattle, MotherFucker!"? Really?

galleta

Postby galleta » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Betty Felon wrote:
dchris wrote:
Unremarkable wrote:

Does this mean that someone sucker-punched you and said "Welcome to Seattle, MotherFucker!"? Really?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:05 pm

dchris

Postby dchris » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:20 pm

Betty Felon wrote:Does this mean that someone sucker-punched you and said "Welcome to Seattle, MotherFucker!"? Really?

Well, I did get a suckerpunch and an attempted mugging the first half hour I was in Seattle. No one welcomed me or called me a mf, but the idea was kind of implied in the actions, don't you think?

icapants

Postby icapants » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:09 am

dchris wrote:Well, I did get a suckerpunch and an attempted mugging the first half hour I was in Seattle. No one welcomed me or called me a mf, but the idea was kind of implied in the actions, don't you think?

WHAT? I NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT!

dchris

Postby dchris » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:06 pm

icapants wrote:WHAT? I NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT!

I didn't know you yet. I met you, I think, the third time I went to Seattle.

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:22 pm

galleta wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Relax! Relax! I went to Seattle, and nothing (knock on wood) remotely bad happened to me. In fact, I accidentally ended up in the hotel next door to the awesome new library on its opening weekend. I think that was DC's second time there if I'm not mistaken, and it was quite tranquil, no?

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Postby NatureBoy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:30 pm

Senseless things can happen just as easily next door as they do miles or oceans away. Don't let those fears keep you from doing the things you want to do.

As Pacino says in the movie Heat, "You could get killed walking your doggie!"

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:33 pm

dchris wrote:
Betty Felon wrote:Does this mean that someone sucker-punched you and said "Welcome to Seattle, MotherFucker!"? Really?

Well, I did get a suckerpunch and an attempted mugging the first half hour I was in Seattle. No one welcomed me or called me a mf, but the idea was kind of implied in the actions, don't you think?

Would you say its worth it for the story? I think it is (but I didn't get punched and attempt-mugged.) awesome.

dchris

Postby dchris » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:41 am

Betty, I guess all it really cost me was a Long Winters t-shirt, which I quickly replaced, and my glasses, which I never did.

Oh, and my faith in humanity, which I suppose was on its way out one way or another.

I still think Seattle is awesome and mostly safe, but I don't recommend walking the streets downtown alone (for any distance) at 1:00 am. This should have been obvious, I suppose.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:06 am

i have to ask: did the mugger(s) actually snipe the t-shirt, or did it get damaged in the event?

i don't think such an experience could be made up for by having a story to tell afterwards though, i'd be real scared walking anywhere in the dark after such a thing
but then i'm a total coward.
[/i]

dchris

Postby dchris » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:09 am

That would make a much better story, Liesbeth, but it really just got ruined by a bloody nose.

Squid

Postby Squid » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:17 am

Okay, this story just gets worse with every new detail! I think we need to get you a new l-dubs shirt! I promise it won't be the "fleischkuekle" one, either...y'know, like, a real one.

dchris

Postby dchris » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:33 am

Somewhere along the line, this thread started to be about me. I don't know if I want it that way. It was two years ago, I am absolutely fine, and I've long since bought another shirt!

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:12 am

yeah, let's go back to galleta, and her trip to Seattle
hehehe

(one has to be able to take some heckling when fortunate enough to visit the emerald city)

Return to “Cattywampus”