Did anyone see the lunar eclipse yesterday?

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Did anyone see the lunar eclipse yesterday?

Post by Moni »

(plus: Merlin needs to post more. Because if he doesn't, I'll soon have more posts than him and then I'm going to feel genuinely odd. And feeling odd isn't really one of my favorite pastimes.)

Just when it started, the sky got cloudy, and it cleared up again when it was over - very unfair. Tho that means this time was the complete opposite of the totall solar eclipse I've seen, where it cleared up right before the event, whereas three hours after it was over it was raining heavily........

But then I got 4 rolls of 400 ASA film for only $4.88 so it wasn't such a bad night I guess..
Last edited by Moni on Fri May 16, 2003 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghamina

Post by ghamina »

I saw a bit of it. Most of it happened when the moon was hidden by the mountains out here, and clouds were a problem as well. (Okay, it also doesn't help that I was throwing a hissy fit and stalked off to the alfalfa field in the middle of it)
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

"Eclipse"? I think I've heard tales of such events, but never believed them to be true. I've heard that to view them, one needs to see the "moon" in the "sky". Such things are foreign to us in the great Northwest. When we look towards the heavens, all we see is a greyish white cottony substance known as "clouds", which release (in heavy amounts) drops of water known as "rain" . So, to answer your question, no, I did not see the "eclipse". ;-)
Moni

Post by Moni »

Awwww... well here is a pic for a the poor moonless people in the Great NorthWest
royal

Post by royal »

Unremarkable wrote:"Eclipse"? I think I've heard tales of such events, but never believed them to be true. I've heard that to view them, one needs to see the "moon" in the "sky". Such things are foreign to us in the great Northwest. When we look towards the heavens, all we see is a greyish white cottony substance known as "clouds", which release (in heavy amounts) drops of water known as "rain" . So, to answer your question, no, I did not see the "eclipse". ;-)

Strangely, I too am in the great Northwest, but the clouds did my bidding and cleared the way in time to see the tail end of the eclipse (last half hour or so). I think the perpetual cloud cover is limited to Everett only (as well as the perpetual traffic jam).
cornball

Re: Did anyone see the lunar eclipse yesterday?

Post by cornball »

Liz wrote:(feeling odd isn't really one of my favorite pastimes.)

too easy ;)
Moni

Re: Did anyone see the lunar eclipse yesterday?

Post by Moni »

cornball wrote:too easy ;)

so emo/u