HOOKED ON HASSELHOFF

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Shawn

HOOKED ON HASSELHOFF

Post by Shawn »

I encourage everyone to check this video out.
http://www.hellonetwork.com/demo/toyscl ... ed=hook300

with this caveat......... it is not unlike driving your own eyes our with red hot pokers... no, scratch that... rather, it's more like scraping your eyes out of their sockets with a warm spoon.

Can anything this bad be for real????
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

Johh,

I think you guys should replicate this video frame-for-frame.... you could even shoot from the deck of an Alaskan cruise ship to get those glacier shots! But the eurotrash blazer with white shirt sleeve cuffs turned back, with you holding up those mind-boggling video cubes with your finger tips, with Michael's and Eric's and Sean's heads on them all singing backup.... that would fucking SLAY.

But what song would best lend itself to this treatment?

I'm thinking Blanket Hog maybe?
Or maybe Shapes??

The cheese factor would be pretty high.
You'd really have to be prepared to commit... to the cheese factor.

But I KNOW you could pull off that white cuff look.
And you've got the manly Hasselhoff/Clark Kent lantern jaw already... you're good to go!

-sw
stephanie

Post by stephanie »

I have nothing relevant to add, but I did want to point out the fact that reading the above description made me laugh uncontrollably, and as a result, spit coffee onto my computer monitor.
Also, using the term "that slays!" to describe something that is good remains unspeakably hilarious/adorable to me.

That is all.
Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Moni »

stephanie wrote:spit coffee onto my computer monitor.

You should be glad you didn't spill it on the keyboard. Happened to me once, on my uncle's laptop. It (the laptop) ended up doing funny things and my uncle was really pissed at me.

As for the video: [...]
royal

Post by royal »

Liz wrote:
stephanie wrote:spit coffee onto my computer monitor.

You should be glad you didn't spill it on the keyboard. Happened to me once, on my uncle's laptop. It (the laptop) ended up doing funny things and my uncle was really pissed at me.

Believe it or not, I once dribbled ice cream on my keyboard (don't ask). So I unplugged the keyboard, and, not having a better solution, ran it under the tap until it looked like the ice cream was gone. Then I set it in the sun to dry. A day later I plugged it back in and everything worked beautifully. I'm not endorsing running a laptop under the tap or anything, but since doing what I did I've heard other success stories similar to mine. I think it's all a matter of whether the ice cream / coffee was given time to dry onto the keyboard or not.
BladeRunner

Post by BladeRunner »

the problem with that Royal, might be that all the computing problem for the laptop is under of the keyboard, so some water might leak in to the processor, which is needless to say, bad news.

the music video....

John is Nightclub Hasselhoff
Sean is Alaskan Curise Hasselhoff
Mike is Biker Hasselhoff
Eric is Safari Hasselhoff

now GO! Avenage the name of Michael KNIGHT!
Moni

Post by Moni »

BladeRunner wrote:the problem with that Royal, might be that all the computing problem for the laptop is under of the keyboard, so some water might leak in to the processor, which is needless to say, bad news.

Exactly.

Oh and thanks for the link. I've always wanted to see David Hasselhoof dressed as a polar bear. It's like, you know, a dream come true!!

P.S. This is so absurd, I'm going to play it again right now.
AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

Post by AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta »

are you people aware that i've had looking for freedom ringing in my head ever since this thread was started? someone should inform amnesty international about what you're doing to me...

:-)

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta
Moni

Post by Moni »

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta wrote:are you people aware that i've had looking for freedom ringing in my head ever since this thread was started? someone should inform amnesty international about what you're doing to me...

wow you just reminded me of a Manta-driver joke....
AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

and i even know which one it is. ain't i sad?! *G*

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta
Moni

Post by Moni »

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta wrote:and i even know which one it is. ain't i sad?! *G*

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

well it's not the worst manta joke ever :->
AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

i still prefer the shortest one... *g* but campino once told yours to me/sounds when it was still a magazine worth buying (about 1989), so it's kinda cool! ;-)

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

MIND-BOGGLING VIDEO CUBES!!!!!!!!
Moni

Post by Moni »

since A.I. is already on the way...

http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp?AlbumID=77

blame cornball for the link!!
call me stupid

Re: HOOKED ON HASSELHOFF

Post by call me stupid »

Shawn wrote:I encourage everyone to check this video out.
http://www.hellonetwork.com/demo/toyscl ... ed=hook300

with this caveat......... it is not unlike driving your own eyes our with red hot pokers... no, scratch that... rather, it's more like scraping your eyes out of their sockets with a warm spoon.

Can anything this bad be for real????

Just when I thought I couldn't laugh any harder, here comes Hasselhoff surfing on his motorcycle...then he starts flying!!! Quite possible the worst thing I have ever witnessed, and to see him look into the camera with a serious look on his face makes it even more pathetic!

On another note, I personally could TOTALLY see Long Winters covering the video, hahaha, "that would fucking SLAY" *laughing so hard my stomach hurts*