Harvey Danger signs with Kill Rock Stars

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Joe Szczepaniak

Harvey Danger signs with Kill Rock Stars

Postby Joe Szczepaniak » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:34 am

What do you guys think of Harvey Danger signing with KRS to release their album Little By Little?

+joe[/list]

junker347

Postby junker347 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:15 pm

I think KRS will need to bring them to a new audience through some good advertizing because I feel like they've already attracted a lot of attention through the net release and most people who wanted to buy a real copy already have. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I guess it means a bigger tour though, which will be good aside from the fact I'm leaving the country.

N.B. John make sure you and the boys make it to Boston before Sept 16, ok? :D

reverendhortonsteve

Postby reverendhortonsteve » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:57 pm

I think its a great move for Harvey Damger and KRS. "Little by little" is a great record. It seems to me that they are trying to stray from the whole "Flagpole Sittah," stigma alot of people tag onto Harvey Danger. I've seen them play a few times in the past year and they're amazing live.

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:16 am

Man, if only conversations like this erupted on the HD board...and didn't devlolve into scatalogical/pop culture/drunk one upmanship. But I suppose that's what makes that board special. =)

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:41 am

LoveSickJerk wrote:Man, if only conversations like this erupted on the HD board...and didn't devlolve into scatalogical/pop culture/drunk one upmanship. But I suppose that's what makes that board special. =)
What are you talking about, you shit-brained, Jeff Probst-wannabe? By the way, my dad can beat up your dad with one arm and both legs tied behind his back while handcuffed to an elephant.

icapants

Postby icapants » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:43 am

sour29 wrote: By the way, my dad can beat up your dad with one arm and both legs tied behind his back while handcuffed to an elephant.

Dude's got skilllllllllz!

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:56 am

Excuse me, but I do believe you just got SERVED!!!

<<Posse behind me>>>
"Awww yeaaa"
"Sucka got SERVED"
"Woooo chile"

Joe Szczepaniak

Postby Joe Szczepaniak » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:00 pm

So much for being different from the HD message board, haha!

+joe

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:36 am

Woah! I did get served! I bet your Dad knew who Jeff Probst actually was without googling him! I sure as hell didn't.

GMM

Postby GMM » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:43 am

Speaking of Harvey Danger and record labels, apparently Barsuk is going to be putting out the Little Round Mirrors single.

Says who? Some guy named Sean Nelson http://www.seannelson.net/blog/

LikeAFox

Postby LikeAFox » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:42 am

That should be a nice match up. But since HD used to be rock stars (somewhat), my only fear is that they will be brutally murdered somehow.

icapants

Postby icapants » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:41 pm

Sean Nelson posted this on a myspace bulletin today:

Subject: Harvey Danger's Third Album Re-Released Today
Body: WHEREAS: "Little By Little..." is the third LP by Harvey Danger, the band I sing in.

WHEREAS: Said album is re-released today on the fine Kill Rock Stars label of Olympia Washington (for a list of some notable KRS releases, please consult the most vital recesses of my musical psyche between the years 1994 and 2006).

WHEREAS: The previous version of said album was available in only a handful of independent record stores around the country, and the new version is available EVERYWHERE.

WHEREAS: The new edition features new artwork, a new tracklisting, and, of course, a bonus disc.

I hereby declare this twenty-fifth day of July, in the year of our lord two thousand and six Dre Day!

That is all.

Wait: no it isn't. Come see HD on our mini tour: Thursday August 10 in SF (Cafe Du Nord), Friday August 11 in LA (Largo), Saturday August 12 in LA (Spaceland), Sunday August 13 in San Diego (Casbah). More dates in September and October.

Love,
Sean

PS
Go buy the great new Long Winters album, too. It's called "Putting the Days to Bed." It has "teeth," but it also has "legs" (to say nothing of "balls").

Yay for teeth and legs!

Return to “Cattywampus”