6500 cats in sinks

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

6500 cats in sinks

Postby Moni » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:48 am

I don't know what it is about cats and sinks, but here is an entire site dedicated to the issue.
And why do sites with/about cats always have to come in freaking PINK? arrgh!!

icapants

Postby icapants » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:31 am

I don't understand.
Why on earth would someone take the time to put together something like that?
Well, it is the internet, I guess.

More importantly, Why am I still LOOKING AT IT?

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:22 am

i've seen this site before. what's even better is i can totally relate. i had a cat that LOVED to lay in the sink. i always thought it was weird but as you see it turns out tons of cats like to do that. and yes, i have a bunch of pictures of my cat (r.i.p.) in the sink. so it was tempting to send them to this site when i came across it.

the new girl

Postby the new girl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:26 pm

I swiped this from the Stranger's Slog, but here's another site with random cat pictures...is it just me or are there more random-cat-pictures-on-websites than there are random-dog-pictures?

(must say something about cat owners...:)

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:30 pm

I'm convinced there's a fundamentle difference between cat owners and dog owners.

Perhaps because Ive never owned one, cats lose my interest fast. They are cute, but there is just some sort of lack of connection. Dogs though...I can hang out with pretty much any dog indefinately. Maybe cat owners feel the same way about doggies?

chelsea

Postby chelsea » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:41 pm

Betty Felon wrote:I'm convinced there's a fundamentle difference between cat owners and dog owners.

Perhaps because Ive never owned one, cats lose my interest fast. They are cute, but there is just some sort of lack of connection. Dogs though...I can hang out with pretty much any dog indefinately. Maybe cat owners feel the same way about doggies?

i don't know. i love both the doggies and the kitties, though if i had to pick one, the doggies would win. nothing is sillier than a silly dog!

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:08 pm

i think a lot of it depends on the personality of each animal. and/or the breed.

right now i am an owner of a pixi bob cat. her breed is dog like. but she's kinda fat and lazy. doesn't care to play much, or cuddle, and really only wants attention on HER terms.

the boy came w/a chihuahua. cutest, sweetest dog ever. he likes to play. in some ways he's more like a cat. he loves to cuddle up to people and you can pet him all you like. you could practically do anything to him and he'd let you.

we keep saying that we would like to get another dog some day, partially as a playmate for this dog, but i think we both have thoughts that the next dog will be just like this one and it doesn't ever happen that way. i think we might end up disappointed.

dogs are more attention needing/wanting than cats usually but i have known plenty of cats that were very loving.

icapants

Postby icapants » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:52 am

I am an equal opprotunity dog/cat lover. They both are pretty darn swell.
But, I have spent 23 of my 24 years being a cat owner. I tend to relate to cats better. Though, I love dogs with their enthusiasim.

Right now, I have no pets. My roommate has fish. They are not fun. :(

Moni

Postby Moni » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:01 am

Fish are much fun if you name them after people you know.

the new girl wrote:I swiped this from the Stranger's Slog, but here's another site with random cat pictures...

that's just wrong... i prefer this one.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:20 am

icapants wrote:Right now, I have no pets. My roommate has fish. They are not fun. :(

we have goldfish that the boy saved from his old work. i would say for the most part they aren't very exciting but sometimes i find them creepy. if you are close to the tank they all gather together thinking it's feeding time. it really comes across more like "we're gonna get you."
2 dojos were added to help keep the tank clean. they were the same size when bought and now one is twice as big as the other. it's the creepy one who pushes food up over the top of the water and then tries to get it so you hear this water splashing sound. it's SUPER creepy.
we do have one fish that keeps getting bigger (named otto after the book "a fish out of water") and one fish that changed colors. the name even changed because of this. the name was something goofy like plopito because it was brownish. it has changed colors from bownish to more orangey goldfish colors and has a black moustache so it's name is now sanchez.
recently a snail was added to the tank, also to help keep it clean, and it's huge. it moves pretty quick. it's actually pretty neat to watch.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:23 am

Liz wrote:that's just wrong... i prefer this one.

that site is soooo cute.

i want one of the scottish fold cats. it's so cute how their ears fold over.

dchris

Postby dchris » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:06 am

This thread cannot continue without the way-overdue mention of Stuff On My Cat.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:06 pm

My friend's cat is on there!

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:50 am

Anyone else long to hear Sam L. Jackson say...

"Get these Muthaf**kin cats out that muthaf**kin sink"

Or is it just me?

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:24 am

dchris wrote:This thread cannot continue without the way-overdue mention of Stuff On My Cat.

that site is pretty entertaining. like an idiot tho it took me a little while to get it. STUFF ON MY CAT. DUH. people putting stuff on their cats.
i even found a pic for the canadian boy. there's a cat dressed in a flames jersey.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:35 am

Return to “Cattywampus”