hey i have a stalker

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

longtimecoming

hey i have a stalker

Postby longtimecoming » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:49 pm

so i got this weird email from some guy in england, talking about how it w ouldnt be a problem to find and stalk me..then he mentioned god clenched teeth....im oddened, but, kiss away the darkest day..

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:43 pm

Strange coincidence. My band's frontman has a stalker. He told her yesterday he felt uncomfortable with her following him around, trying to hang out with him all the time, and wanted their relationship to be nothing more than band/fan. She was getting him gifts (sporting tickets, video games, posters, cds, etc), and generally she was thinking their relationship was a whole lot more than he intended it to be. I guess she took it personally, and within hours of their conversation, wrote a thinly veiled poem about him on her MySpace blog.

It's all a little tense and uncomfortable.

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:52 am

Well, at least he is across the pond, eh?

I kinda had me one 'o those once. Out with a bunch of friends over at Iowa State (hate the sin, not the sinner, right?) and we meet this group of girls. We hang out with them, no big deal, all having fun, then they say they are all married. Again, no big deal, not throwing my mack down or anything. Night ends, we part ways, I think the story ends.

Next Monday I start getting emails from one of the girls. Confused as to how she got my addy, but still being polite, I email back. Next thing I know, emails are coming left and right, saying we had a special connection and she wanted to come over to Iowa City for a weekend. To be honest, I wasn't even sure which one she was, let alone had a "special connection". Then my work phone starts ringing because my number is available on our website.

"Call me on my cell at XXXXXXXX my husband can't see the bill"

YIKES!! Had to let voicemail be my secretary for a week, but eventually she stopped calling.

Then, about a year and a half later, I get a phone call at work.

"Hey its me!!" So I have no CLUE who it is, but kinda play along and give it the old... "Wow, been a long time..." She says her name, and it still doesn't register until she mentions that she just got a divorce and wants to get together.

WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I said I was married (I hadn't even met my wife at the time), so then she just asked if I could get her free Iowa-Iowa State FB tickets and hung up.

Weird, man.

Squid

Postby Squid » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:10 am

I'm thinking you probably shouldn't have asked her if she wanted to "hear a story about your python". Some people take that sort of thing the wrong way.

This to sour - I said it to Moni and I'll say it again. The trick to myspace idolatry is not to cower in its slightly-creepy psychological wake but to rise and smite one's unsuspecting digital paramour with a Blitzkrieg of Crazy. A few well-placed Youtube "Ichi the Killer" valentines and she'll think twice before heading off to Hot Topic for more love trinkets, I'm telling you.

*nods sagely*

Joe Szczepaniak

Postby Joe Szczepaniak » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:27 am

I think the most important thing is to manage expectations in all situations. If you are watching for it you can counter the type of thinking that lets a "relationship" amount to one of these situations (in some cases anyway).

it's like: me tarzan, you jane--only, instead: I am sane, you are crazy!

I'm happy to say that I've had no such trouble, although there was a girl my freshman year in highschool who apparently had a huge crush on me, but she never even tried talking to me, so it didn't matter, and then one day a couple years later, after she had transfered away from my school, one of her friends asked if I could let her take a picture of me for her friend who still asked about me all the time. I don't think you'd put that anywhere near the same level as any of these though, but oh well.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:54 pm

Squid wrote:This to sour - I said it to Moni and I'll say it again. The trick to myspace idolatry is not to cower in its slightly-creepy psychological wake but to rise and smite one's unsuspecting digital paramour with a Blitzkrieg of Crazy. A few well-placed Youtube "Ichi the Killer" valentines and she'll think twice before heading off to Hot Topic for more love trinkets, I'm telling you.
A good piece of advice if this was limited to MySpace, but she comes to the bands shows, and calls/IM's him all the time. She even invited him to her sister's wedding. She wants to do everything with him, apparently. Although he likes having her as a fan (she writes for the local University newspaper...so we get plugs!), there's something creepy about going to a fan's sister's wedding.

Moni

Postby Moni » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:23 am

Well then your frontman has to act creepy live and in color. Now Jason do you think he can do the crazy? Be Ichy the Killer?

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:24 am

No. I probably could, though. -evil grin-

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:40 am

Squid wrote:I'm thinking you probably shouldn't have asked her if she wanted to "hear a story about your python". Some people take that sort of thing the wrong way.

If only you had been around to stop that story in its tracks, Squiddy.

Moni

Postby Moni » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:16 am

sour29 wrote:No. I probably could, though. -evil grin-

Excellent. I like your spirit! By the way, this was your first test and you mastered it! Awesome.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:52 am

In one hour, and one minutre, nevertheless!

ImLost@Sea

Postby ImLost@Sea » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:25 am

I wish I had a stalker. I couldn't get a girl to follow me around if I farted diamonds.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:58 pm

I'll follow you around if you fart diamonds.

But only after you eat three hundred laxatives.

semi_retarded

Postby semi_retarded » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:18 pm

Best way to end a relationship is simple:

Dear Baby,
Welcome to dumpsville.
Population: You.

Return to “Cattywampus”