This tour has been brought to you by Throat Coat Tea

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

annapt

This tour has been brought to you by Throat Coat Tea

Postby annapt » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:28 am

Any of you seen Harvey Danger in the past few weeks? I was at the show in Allston last night and let me just say, if that was Sean Nelson With Laryngitis I don't know if I could handle Healthy Sean Nelson. SO INTENSE and SO AWESOME. I am very glad they decided to stick it out and finish up the tour.

Dude, seriously though. Mr. Nelson went to some great lengths for us - no talking at all, all day? I wouldn't be able to do that.

Also interesting to me: the differences between HD and TLW fans at the shows - I thought they would be much more similar crowds. Discuss.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:17 am

I saw (and taped -- coming soon) Harvey Danger the first show post-Laryngitis. Let me say that he made the same throat-coat tea reference, and also said he hadn't spoken all day then, too. ;) But yeah, he sounded amazing, all things considered. I heard one or two notes he had trouble hitting, but shit. It was still pretty awesome.

I found the HD crowd less energetic and communicative than the LW crowd. Like they took themselves too seriously.

Squid

Postby Squid » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:56 am

HD fans only seem that way because you've never seen a Long Winters show with me. I sit in the corner with a snifter of brandy, reading Proust and waiting for opportune moments to scream things like, "Whatever with you and the Reformation, already!" and "Scent of Lime!"

I know all the security guards, so it takes a while to get rid of me.

annapt

Postby annapt » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:51 pm

sour29 wrote:I found the HD crowd less energetic and communicative than the LW crowd. Like they took themselves too seriously.

Funny, I found it to be the opposite. Perhaps that was because the LW show I went to was in NY, at the Bowery Ballroom, with at least a few people who were "too cool for the show" as John said. There was certainly more communication between the audience and band - heckling, requests, etc. at the LW show. The HD show was in a relatively small bar in Allston - much more intimate, and people actually DANCED.

Perhaps it's more a function of the venue and the city than the fans themselves? As a Bostonian, of course, I'd like to think that the awesomeness of the Boston crowd had something to do with it.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:22 pm

It's true. No one in Toronto dances at all. To anything.

the new girl

Postby the new girl » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:26 pm

sour29 wrote:I saw (and taped -- coming soon) Harvey Danger the first show post-Laryngitis.

I think I love you too :)

(even if you do rain on the nerd parade)

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:32 pm

Pfft. I was participating as much as anyone else in the Nerd thread. I'm just as guilty. It wasn't meant to be rain, so much as a rainbow on the parade.

Burning Bride #7

Postby Burning Bride #7 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:53 pm

Harvey Danger and The Long Winters are both indie now, so their crowds are probably equally as indie-fag-filled.

chelsea

Postby chelsea » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:01 pm

where can i get some of this throat coat tea?

annapt

Postby annapt » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:49 am

sour29 wrote:Pfft. I was participating as much as anyone else in the Nerd thread. I'm just as guilty. It wasn't meant to be rain, so much as a rainbow on the parade.

It's true. I think you responded first to my original post in a very nerd-friendly, nerdy, welcoming manner, which was reassuring for me in my board-newbie nervousness.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:59 am

You officially have 26 posts, which I think is one post past the N00b limit. It's official now: you're a full-fledged Long Winters nerd.

annapt

Postby annapt » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:04 am

sour29 wrote:You officially have 26 posts, which I think is one post past the N00b limit. It's official now: you're a full-fledged Long Winters nerd.

SWEET.

(p.s. I'd really like to hear more about that show you taped and perhaps get a copy, if possible)

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:14 am

See the Toronto Tape Tree thread.

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:35 am

Squid wrote: I sit in the corner with a snifter of brandy, reading Proust and waiting for opportune moments to scream things like, "Whatever with you and the Reformation, already!" and "Scent of Lime!"

I know all the security guards, so it takes a while to get rid of me.

See, THIS is why I gotta see a show with Squiddy.

aj

Postby aj » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm

chelsea wrote:where can i get some of this throat coat tea?

vitamin stores. and some grocers. it's good stuff. I highly recommend it.

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:12 am

Most coffee shops have Throat Coat Tea available as well, but never on the menu. The Coffee Beanery and Starbucks have all been supporting the above theory, at least in the WNY area.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:07 am

Sean was also drinking from a Tim Horton's cup when he made that remark in Toronto. So maybe Timmy's has it too.

Return to “Cattywampus”