i need love help, the peeps at hd are kinda high sooooo....

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

longtimecoming

i need love help, the peeps at hd are kinda high sooooo....

Post by longtimecoming »

i posted this at harveydanger.com they all seem to be drunk or high...so why the hell am i a 26 yr old who has never even been on a date. is it my weight? looks like ive got roadkill on my face? ok i just got an email from john so now im happy, please, just help me figure out why im still single/trytobe posting sober, if can be.
zach

Post by zach »

Have you ever asked anybody out on a date? ...I didn't ever get a date until I asked someone. Actually, it wasn't until my second someone that I actually got a date.
Harvey Winters
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Harvey Winters »

With all due respect to the board and it's members...

Start by not posting as your sister,
saying that you killed yourself, creating undo worry/panic...

Also, if you're gonna throw people under the bus,
you should do it where it won't be so easily accessible
to the people you're doing it to...
Perhaps, not at a site that has a boat-load of "cross-posters"...

Also, be truthful about your original post...

I'm genuinely sorry about this...
In the past I had always defended Julie,
for being "hardcore danger", but it's obvious she is in need of help
that we cannot provide...

I can almost sense a torrent of rage headed my way,
but I feel it needed to be said...

I've never promoted myself as a any kind of saint,
with my former speed-addiction, calling out band members for lyrical clarification,
and roller-coaster relationship problems...
I'm not trying to be holier than anyone...

Rich
Last edited by Harvey Winters on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zach

Post by zach »

Wowzers.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Longtime sweety, first things first, lets do a reality check...

26 is late for a first date, but it is not the end of the world! And you definately aren't the only one. So chuck the self-pity out the window, it will never buy you a drink.

The good news is: boys will start getting more mature from now on, and you don't have to suffer through the 16-24 movie quote and beer pong years. No big loss. Seriously!

However, you are also expected to grow in maturity, and that means learning about how relationships (intimate and general) work. If that is difficult for you, buy a basic psych book on personality development. Or take a psych class. It's like reading the ground rules. You wouldn't be the first one who learned a lot about how the world works from a book.

And, if you really do have real issues to work out...do whatever it takes.

Also, you might try to explore some female role models other than Courtney Love. Maybe someone you could describe as "sweet"? (Don't look down on sweet-- sweet works. Sweet trumps cool 95% of the time.)

There's a charming nut out there for you Longtime! He might even play the guitar.
GMM

Post by GMM »

Betty Felon and Harvey Winters are the two best people in the world ever.
Harvey Winters

Post by Harvey Winters »

GMM wrote:Betty Felon and Harvey Winters are the two best people in the world ever.

I coulda used you at my last appraisal for work...
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

I just want to add that everything I said was meant to he helpful and not intended as a criticism of any kind.

In fact, I think everyone should read a basic psychology book. (Did you know your personality is inherited genetically? It's true!)

Just remember, the reason people can't answer your question is that it's a really, really hard question and most of us are asking ourselves some variation of it.
longtimecoming

Post by longtimecoming »

rich, the internet persona is just that- my online image. it is nothing of my offline life. u were a good friend. no one asked me out in highschool..then at age 19 my life got twisted into shards by schizophrenia. i layed down in my bed, talking to myself, beating the shit out of myself, trying to kill myself. for about 3 years. once u have been degraded in a mental institution then try and make a crack box post on my mental health. i have learned how to shut up on my illness. courtney love is my role model cause she was the only thing that gave a damn in my teenage years, i loved her more than my own family. she was there helping me, teaching me about feminism,eating,sorrow, stregenth, riot grrrl and fun times. im not insulted by betty felon, i have taken psy and i liked it. the drunk joke was a fun stab/lighthearted way of saying i needed a SERIOUS response, plus the drunken posts subjects, and that one dude posting high. rich, i just dont fuckin care about petty internet. during my suicide things, john roderick was the only one who seemed to give a damn, he writes me back on email as well as his home, which still hasnt happened, which is my dream come true. im a bitch. im controvicial. im not a woman. i am a force of nature. when my band gets famous enough, rich, im still lookin for the guy who i kick out of my venue chasing him down the street followed by fans,who i am already aware of how important those fans are, which are mostly teenage girls, who im their role model.
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

I'm... quite old, and I think I've been on exactly one proper "date" in the commonly accepted usage of the term (that is, going out with someone with whom one might become but are not currently intimately entangled).

And it was fairly awful.

My main memory was of the young lady's brother, our chauffeur (yes, we were both over 16, but neither owned cars) narrating a nightmare he had of drowning in his grandmother's urine.
Squid

Post by Squid »

Look, I told you - he was going through a really difficult time, okay? Grandma was his only source of solace, and then even SHE turned on him.

Albeit in his subconscious.

He's better now. He misses you. Drop him a line?
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth »

by Grant's definition I have never been on a date, I guess. I think the whole concept of going on dates is fairly overrated. But then again, I spent about ten years of my life chasing after myths, while I didn't see there were other people who did like me. The good thing was when finally I ran into someone 'by accident' (through the internet, mind!) who had the same experience, I realised that I wasn't the only one who was just a bit late in getting in on that whole relationship thingie. Don't give up, but be realistic and stay open for what comes on your path, would be my advise.
longtimecoming

Post by longtimecoming »

Squid wrote:Look, I told you - he was going through a really difficult time, okay? Grandma was his only source of solace, and then even SHE turned on him.

Albeit in his subconscious.

He's better now. He misses you. Drop him a line?

umm are we speaking of rich? i dont like him any more. ill just point, then laugh, then give the italian flip off. u guys r nice, johns nice, i dont think im going to be posting at hd, anylonger. just lurking.
Moni

Post by Moni »

Oh and before I forget:
Squid is crazy!!
bijou

Post by bijou »

hi LTC, i haven't really met you, though i remember you from the HUB show. i have been hesitant to weigh in on this, because my upbringing (and personal experience) says it is bad manners to judge people on appearances. i know i haven't always made the best first impression in the last almost four years... i was still four months into learning the local habits after relocating here when scott died. the first year after was basically spent on my porch smoking cigarettes and listening to my husband's cds. school really changed my life and gave me a goal to pursue outside the role of my child's mother. since i married late in life (35), i've had some pretty rotten things happen to me as a single person too, but none was more challenging than losing my spouse and still having to be there for my then-four-year old. though suicide wasn't an option for me (my younger sister killed herself when i was eighteen and she was fifteen), i've probably committed "social suicide" in more than a few minds since.
moni's right about the internet skewing perceptions. the internet is nice for someone like me who chooses to live in the sticks, but i'm still scared of the whole "internet dating thing". sometimes i read what people say on the web and wonder "would that person really say something like that to your face?" and more importantly, is there really anything good or worthwhile about them, if they only reserve cruel or nasty remarks for a monitor's anonymity. then i found this board.
for the record, this is the only forum i post with any great regularity, and i have grown quite fond of all of you. your humor, sincerity and honesty is what keeps me coming back. i hope i am able to bring something worthwhile to your lives also.
since i have pushed all of my romantic angst into school and raising my kid, i am definitely no one to hand out dating advice... but i can say this. intimacy takes time and effort and more than one participant. i have been celibate for over a year now, because love matters more to me than sex, but since i really don't have time to devote to a relationship that takes me out of the loop of family, commute, work hard for good grades... oh well...
i know someone worthwhile respects your body, your mind and your potential. only i can get my ducks in a row, and if someone truly cares about me, they will smile on my dreams with friendship and support, and are able to give me space when i really need to excel. true intimacy allows good communication and the ability to know your partner will come back. love is not ownership... you give another your heart, but not so they can attach a short leash to it. true intimacy comes with trust that your partner will make good decisions that affect their partner's trust... the world is a wonderful place with many great people to learn from. it's okay to find those things if both partners communicate trust in the relationship they have created. each relationship makes their own rules as to what is and isn't acceptable, as long as you don't hurt someone else or yourself, someone else's definition of a relationship can be different from yours, but both are equally valid. and most important... any relationship that start's out as "a secret" or an outright lie to another (or a third party) isn't worth having. there is no trust without truth. good luck to you LTC, i wish you love. (;-D)
longtimecoming

Post by longtimecoming »

i hear someone named rich got it on in a van.....down......by the river. he also stated eric smells like paris hiltons fragrance, on the hd board////
Harvey Winters

Post by Harvey Winters »

Is it okay, if I end this madness, by dropping a Scostsman on her, being that there's "no time to lose"???
bijou

Post by bijou »

thanks HW, i needed to laugh today and that link was just what the dr ordered...
here's one for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEMTm4-xzw

the llama is a quadroped...
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth »

I have deleted longtimecoming's last post in this thread.

Your previous message was on the edge, my dear, and I don't think HarveyDanger's reply deserved the response you gave in that deleted post.

I would like to consider this topic closed - I don't have the moderator rights to actually lock it, but if need be, I will ask Merlin to do so.
Harvey Winters

Post by Harvey Winters »

bijou wrote:thanks HW, i needed to laugh today and that link was just what the dr ordered...
here's one for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEMTm4-xzw

the llama is a quadroped...

Awesome Bijou!!!
See???
THAT'S why I don't swim in the Amazon River!!!

Liesbeth,
I didn't see the deleted post, so no harm, no foul...