So I just realized something.

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

nwheather

So I just realized something.

Post by nwheather »

'Hell Is Chrome' by Wilco is actually an ode to Seven of Nine from Voyager. Discuss.

Oh, and hi again. I see we're still talking about the squid.
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

We're either talking about the squid, or talking TO Squid.

Sometimes, they are not mutually exclusive, either.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

isn't every other song an ode to Seven of Nine? Or Seven out of Nine songs are? Something like that.

The following is not answering your statement in any way, but since you mentioned them, this morning I rocked out to a Wilco cover of a Steely Dan song, great way to start the day.
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

Ooh, OOH! Was it 'Any Major Dude Will Tell You'??

If it wasn't, please send a copy of it, 'cause that's the only one I have.

In other news, my replacement copy of TWYCDIH should be here any day now. One small step for my CD collection (still bearing one heck of a hole), one giant leap for my Long Winters collection (merely lacking WIPTF now). Thank goodness for gift certificates from clueless people at Xmas.

So, apart from marine biology, what have you people been up to over the last 5-6 months?
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

Dude, it totally was that song.

Heather, by not frequenting this board you've only missed two exciting European tours, tips for surviving winter depression and the discovery of life on Saturnus. Hang on, that last bit was to be top-secret, come to think of it.
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

I've been surviving winter depression for years. Winter anger, too. Have I mentioned that I fucking hate winter?

Oh, and we're listening to Summerteeth now.
Harvey Winters
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Harvey Winters »

Liesbeth wrote:
Heather, by not frequenting this board you've only missed two exciting European tours, tips for surviving winter depression and the discovery of life on Saturnus. Hang on, that last bit was to be top-secret, come to think of it.

We also realized that once you go Scot, you never go back...
Last edited by Harvey Winters on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bijou

Post by bijou »

yes, riding off into the sunset with michael palin is definitely a keeper...
(;-D)
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

I don't know...I'd feel like a bit of a comic prop, waiting for the other joke to drop.

NOTE: no rhyming, nor pun, intended above.

Speaking of Scots, though, any of you American types ever catch Craig Ferguson? He hosts the show that comes on after Letterman on CBS. I saw him with Billy Connelly tonight. Talk about Scot-overload, it was a blast.

Unfortunately, I see way too much TV these days, being trapped in an office with it overnight. Since the internet's begun working, however, my exposure has lessened somewhat. Phew. I may yet live.