Recent Purchases (a photo thread)!

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

zach

Re: Recent Purchases (a photo thread)!

Postby zach » Fri May 01, 2009 10:22 am

A Brutaful Smile wrote:my car called it quits too. it was temporarily revived but that only lasted a few days. so i am also in the market for a new car. a honda is not on my list of affordability tho.

I actually just (less than 2 months ago) got a 2000 Honda Civic after the car I'd been driving since I was 16 (a Pontiac Grand Am) gave out. I got mine for a steal... $5500. Take a look at Edmunds' "True Cost To Own" information for the cars you're looking at. While getting a Ford Focus might've been a lot cheaper at the outset, it would surely cost me a lot more in maintenance, repairs, and gas along the way. Paying attention to resale value might also be a good move.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Fri May 01, 2009 12:17 pm

zach wrote:I actually just (less than 2 months ago) got a 2000 Honda Civic after the car I'd been driving since I was 16 (a Pontiac Grand Am) gave out. I got mine for a steal... $5500. Take a look at Edmunds' "True Cost To Own" information for the cars you're looking at. While getting a Ford Focus might've been a lot cheaper at the outset, it would surely cost me a lot more in maintenance, repairs, and gas along the way. Paying attention to resale value might also be a good move.

that's pretty cool. after looking at a couple i don't think it's going to like any of my choices of cars. there are a couple things that are different to consider than what they have there. there will be no financing since the car is being bought out right and then i hardly ever leave the eastside(bellevue, kirkland, redmond) so i don't drive a whole lot. but that's a good guide. i've been using that site to check prices on cars. can't believe i missed this handy tool. thanks!

Squid

Postby Squid » Fri May 08, 2009 12:14 pm

KYLIE! KYLIE! KYLIE!

After twenty years, my discopoptastic dreams will be realized. And since her mgmt are playing it conservatively and not booking a stadium tour, I get to see her in a beautifully renovated Art Deco theatre. After her illness, I wondered if she'd ever tour again. That she's coming here to the states is just icing on the cake.

Ky - LIE!!!!

Return to “Cattywampus”