Recent Purchases (a photo thread)!

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:11 pm

1. Those covers have lovely design work.

2. I always wear the boots. They only recently started to show. They keep the chicken shit off my socks.

3. I just now realized - that stent image is WRONG. On the left hand side, the vessel is already bulging out on the inside and already clear on the inside. Wouldn't it be straight on the outside and blocked on the inside until the stent was expanded?

Harvey Winters
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Harvey Winters » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:08 pm

grant wrote:1

3. I just now realized - that stent image is WRONG. On the left hand side, the vessel is already bulging out on the inside and already clear on the inside. Wouldn't it be straight on the outside and blocked on the inside until the stent was expanded?

My cardiologist said that "sludge" in the arteries, acts like fat on your belly...
Or like a receding shoreline, as a dam is being built...
(If it applies)
After the stent is inserted, medications will "clear the way" even more, and slim the artery down...
Still weird, to think I have an "Inner chain-link fence"...

leigh

Postby leigh » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:32 pm

2. I always wear the boots. They only recently started to show. They keep the chicken shit off my socks.

And keep the chickens from nipping at your ankles as well?

icapants

Postby icapants » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:56 pm

So, getting away from the scary chicken...
I bought tea!

Blood orange and sour apple. It's crazy delicious.

I also have a sampler of black teas as well. I guess I'm moving into the loose leaf world.

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:12 pm

Design your own shoes at converse.com!
(Action figure not included)

Flyn

Postby Flyn » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:01 pm

I just bought my first pair of new, non-work, non-wedding, non-converse in ten to twelve years, so I certainly support converse on some level, even in their current chinese produced form. But I wouldn't suggest running in them. Ow. Is the flash impervious to shin splints?

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:04 pm

My shoes were made in Tennesee, not China...

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Fast fact. I love velcro shoes, and yes -- I'm older than six and younger than sixty.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:15 am

i don't have a pic but yesterday i bought the 2 box sets of season 1 and season 2 of the monkees. yes...THOSE monkees. as in "hey, hey, we're the..." i love them so much.

uh, if we are being more technical as in last purchase made then that would be this morning. 2 banana walnut breakfast cookies (1 for breakfast today, one for tomorrow morning) and one baked potato soup for lunch today.

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:35 am

i just bought me some soy milk for my slimfast/. so eat it, i bought a slice of cake...before that 4 bath and bodyworks bodysplash, in orchid, velvetuberose, japanese cherry blossom and moonlight path. which is roses, violets and lavender. then a psychic reading. silly, she predicted the banning from hd dot com...she said id lose my virginity to john in june, which confusles me deeply. i call psychics all over the country. that is why craigslist rocks.

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:54 am

leigh wrote:

And keep the chickens from nipping at your ankles as well?

guess what?
chicken butt.
how now?
brown cow.
my point?
once, when my dad was 3 a chicken attacked him, so grandpa henderson cut off its head. ran around for a while, then died.

once, a relative many moons ago when they were both children, beat up some kid.
what became of that kid?
he became president of usa. cant remember what president, though. like how john cant remember the eighties, tee-hee.

fact: i am related to dracula. vlad the impaler. he is also related to prince william. who i am related to through william the conqueror through president bush and then a spencer, what was princess dianas maiden name.

fact: my family tree dates back to 3000 bc/julius caesar is the very last name.

next thing ill buy? bras...i need them. badly.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:41 pm

longtimecoming wrote:next thing ill buy? bras...i need them. badly.
I scrolled so far down, I didn't see who wrote this, but I was somehow able to guess anyway. Tee hee.

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:51 pm

ah, so the girls had troubles in yakima when i last saw john play. stupid bra. more importantly, stupid no panties only a g string....and a mini dress with red heels. flickr...hehhehehehhe dont worry do chickens really have teeth like that? OMG! sparkles...

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:01 pm

above: my tote im working on.

some of the shoes ive been buying *above*

one of my bras i bought, yay! (above)

above: my gangster hat i bought at wet seal.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:30 am

I like the hat, but I'm not sure that gangsters go for the hearts look.

this is not a real picture of what I bought, but it comes close. After a long search I finally found the miniature measuring jug I wanted. It measures really small amounts of fluid, which is great for baking.

Wait until you hear what I paid for it, though. Ridiculous but true, this cost me 50 cent. I didn't realise it was still possible to buy anything for 50 cent, let alone something I wanted so much as this. I bet it costs more in labour to have someone spend the time charging me for it and taking my money. Maybe for the shop's sake I should have also bought the pasta machine which was winking at me, but it looked really expensive.[/img]

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Liesbeth wrote:I didn't realise it was still possible to buy anything for 50 cent, let alone something I wanted so much as this.

I love it when that happens!

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:44 pm

in the category of things I would buy if I had plenty of money: http://www.productief.nl/ein-o/smartboxes/index.htm

I saw the Volcano box in a shop today: build your own volcano, than let it explode. Educational and sensational.

Squid

Postby Squid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:04 am

You had me at "Vulkaan"...

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:39 am

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:07 am

a psychic reading!

www.psychickephera.com

the woman is talented. she knew john was in new york traveling before i read it online in his blog. she was all "i think hes traveling" then i read the blog...then she said id run into a mark and im all mark ashbaugh? mark arm? no, the guy who bought something on ebay was named marc! then, before, she was all "i see someething happening concerning the harvey danger guys" then several weeks later....disaster struck! im all darn i wont date adam? she was all like ya, u will find something out about that. then yesterday or so i found out adam was once married. OMG!!!!!!!!! I ask about john, but ill shut up, she will give u a free 5 min reading and if u mention my name julie frye she will give me free minutes if u purchase 8 minutes or something. sorry for the novel, but darn, the woman is good!

oh i bought a huge hershey bar for eighty cents and i found a dollar on the ground. go me!

Return to “Cattywampus”