people reading Harry Potter in strange places

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

people reading Harry Potter in strange places

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:58 am

combining two recent threads: do you people also come across people reading the new and last Harry Potter in all sorts of places?

on holiday for example, I saw a lady sitting by the swimming pool of our hotel, reading HP while her two kids and their dad were actually in the water doing all sorts of neat tricks: she had no eye for them whatsoever.

and then yesterday I was in a park in Breda where my husband played a show at the tearoom, and there this guy was, completely oblivious to music, children playing and his ladyfriend. (I like how the two of them had brought their own foldable chairs when everyone else was just sitting in the grass)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/megalies/1095775478/]
Image[/url]

dianna

Postby dianna » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:37 am

People read it in the break room of the grocery store where I work, where we incidentally also sell the book.

Squid

Postby Squid » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:38 pm

are we actually going to get to discuss the book ? i have wandlore q's i'd love to hash out....

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:05 am

Squid wrote:i have wandlore q's i'd love to hash out....

Me too.

I have to say I have a very unemotional approach to these books. I don't care at all who lives and who dies in the end. I find the books entertaining, but I find most of the characters way too clichéd to care for them. There you go, I said it.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:19 am

Squid wrote:are we actually going to get to discuss the book ? i have wandlore q's i'd love to hash out....

if so, purlease in a separate topic marked DO NOT READ IF YOURE NOT DONE YET - SPOILERS ALERT - CAREFUL - ETC ETC ETC

I borrowed it from my neighbour who finished it yesterday, but although today was my day off, a friend needed me more than HP did, so I"m only at page 2.

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:25 pm

I finished it in classic style (well for me anyway): less than 24 hours after finishing it. I don't have any photos, but I read most of mine in the second floor of Millard Filmore Suburban Hospital, when I wasn't spending time with my Grandpa, who was there for 3 weeks.

Don't worry, he's in a nursing home now.

Return to “Cattywampus”