Chris Walla: Terrorist!

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Chris Walla: Terrorist!

Postby grant » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:59 am

Or at least his latest album....

The master recordings have been seized by Homeland Security.

It was a *political* album, taken by courier across the Canadian border, and the hard drive it was on was seized and now it's gone.

He's trying to remix and remaster from tapes he was using as a backup.

Strange days, yes?

zach

Postby zach » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:25 am

Holy shit! Crazy!

I can't wait! Good thing he has the tapes!

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:52 pm

Oh noes! That makes me feel many levels of sadnesses. :(

Squid

Postby Squid » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 am

What a relief.

I've been really concerned about our armed forces being sent to the middle east and leaving us exposed to Threat Level Orange Indie Rock. I don't even mind squeezing my mp3s into 3oz tubes at the airport, just so long as I'm protected.

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:51 am

Looks like its all Chris Walla's fault.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news ... hard-drive

Naturally. I mean, just because customs confiscated your hard drive containing a major piece of work, thats no reason to get upset and think the US Goverment would be nefarious or anything. What have they ever done to give you that idea? In fact, I don't think we give the hard-working men and women in the US Government enough credit for keeping the country safe from terrorists, which are the greatest threat ever.

And, before all you commie conspiracy theorists say that I just wrote this because the government is probably monitoring this portion of the internets and I don't want to get black op'd by a team of CIA agents, I want to go on record and say that isn't true at all. I am not and never have been a member of the Communist Party or the Screen Actors Guild.

U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

Squid

Postby Squid » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:29 am

HA! Like I trust Pitchfork either! Thank God there's a new Nic Cage movie coming out to address all these concerns and more.

Ps: after all this press, this album better be GOOD.

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:33 pm

No You Are wrote:Naturally. I mean, just because customs confiscated your hard drive containing a major piece of work, thats no reason to get upset and think the US Goverment would be nefarious or anything. What have they ever done to give you that idea?

I know what you mean (thinking about all the stories you hear on a regular basis about happenings at the immigration or security at various US airports), but suggesting that the political content of the music had anything to do with the confiscation and going on about Guantanamo was a bit over the top.

kyle_s9

Postby kyle_s9 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:27 am

or you could read it off his site
http://www.hallofjusticerecording.com/words.html

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:27 am

Ah, interesting. Now that's how rumors start :) Still an odd comparison tho?... (as in: Oh god I broke my toe, but hey at least I'm not dead!)

I got an envelope from Japan at work this week, it contained nothing but one single sheet of paper and the customs declaration said "business papers". Sounds unsuspicious? Well customs still opened and then resealed it.

It's not like seemingly ridiculous stuff like that happens only in the US. It's just what customs do. They control things that cross their border. Of course it sucks if it happens to you, but still, big deal.

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:26 pm

the axis of evil struck again! alright, bushlick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get dem crazy terrorists like chris walla, and do nothing about starving usa/world hunger, brutal rapes in congo, or genocide in rowanda....even helping the own us problems, but bushlick is appearantly doin condi rice and drinking again!

did u know ben gibbard got called one of the worst lyricists in music by blender? i cant stop laughing, cause appearantly he ignores restraining orders and stands alone at weddings. ha! now we all know why he will follow someone in the.....;)

Return to “Cattywampus”