Still quite unhip, I

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Brian Lee

Still quite unhip, I

Post by Brian Lee »

I saw references in messages to Winters and John, and having no indie cred whatsoever and being only semi-literate I thought (quite wrongly as usual) that this was all concerning Johhny Winter.

So, way off topic, I saw Johhny Winter open for George Thoroughgood and the Deleware Destroyers many years ago, back when Bad to the Bone was a Top 40 song rather than a beer/car/douche/spackle jingle. My brother and I drank a twelve pack of Shaefer in the parking lot right before the show. It was awesome.

Also, Edgar Winter's Frankenstein rocks.
John
King God, Mang

Post by John »

Brian, that's a terrible story. Next you're going to wax reminiscent about Head East records. Or tell us about the K car wagon you inherited from your Uncle Ted. The Long Winters are about TODAY, man. Not some yesterday trip.
thewalrus

Post by thewalrus »

brian, brian, brian...
if you thought this all concerned johnny winter, how the hell did you come across the website?
and, agreeing with john, that is not such a great story. i've heard many better, sorry.
thewalrus

i am a true and utter idiot.

Post by thewalrus »

oh silly me,
i did not notice that brian has had one post and that was a long, long time ago. chances are he will never delve into this site again.
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

Given the chance, I would hug Brian. Sadly, I cannot.
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

Yarn wrote:Given the chance, I would hug Brian. Sadly, I cannot.

Damn this unfeeling internet!